Forgot my password from Yahoo Blyton Member Photos website

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Forgot my password from Yahoo Blyton Member Photos website

Post by Chrissie777 »

Hello Anita,

André just tried in vain to put a photo from our breeder into the EBS thread "Pets". Then I thought that I could at least add it to my page on the Yahoo Members Photos website, but forgot my password. I tried my old password and my new password, but none is working.
At the bottom there is an e-mail address for Keith which is no longer working: mystery@blyton.net (I got a error message).
Could you please PM me with Keith's e-mail address, so I can change my password?
Thank you.
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Forgot my password from Yahoo Blyton Member Photos websi

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'll send you Keith's other email address, Chrissie. Regarding the Enid Blyton Society forums, photos can't be uploaded directly into a post. They first need to be uploaded to an image-hosting site like Photobucket (there are other image-hosting sites, but Photobucket is the only one I've ever used). After uploading a picture to Photobucket, you copy and paste the image tag into your forums post. There are several tags next to the picture, but the one you want has (url=...)(img) at the start and (/img)(/url) at the end.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Thank you so much, Anita, but we don't want to use Photobucket as somebody recently told us that you cannot post a limited amount of photos there that others can see, but it would show ALL your photos that you have stored in your computer. And that's not really what I would like to happen.

Well, I wrote to Keith and hopefully he can help me change my password in Yahoo Member Photos, then I will post it there and post the link on EBS and everybody who's interested can see our puppy there.
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Chrissie, there are plenty of other photo-hosting sites that will only take the pictures you choose to put there, not everything on your computer. The one I like to use is called PicResize - www.picresize.com It's quite straightforward. Perhaps you and André could try it or a similar site. Once you get to know how it works, it's very easy to upload photos! :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I sometimes use Tinypic, Chrissie. You don't have to join, it just loads from your computer and you copy the link and post it here. It's really quite easy to do.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Chrissie777 wrote:Thank you so much, Anita, but we don't want to use Photobucket as somebody recently told us that you cannot post a limited amount of photos there that others can see, but it would show ALL your photos that you have stored in your computer. And that's not really what I would like to happen.
Well apologies Chrissie but that person is talking complete and utter nonsense. Photobucket will only show what YOU choose to upload and only then if you choose to make your album(s) public.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

It was somebody from EBS in late May or June I think (after the Spade Oak meeting), because I never heard about Photobucket before. To me it sounded as if you have no choice and ALL your photos end up in Photobucket. So that wasn't an option for us.
I really didn't want to take a chance and let all our thousands of vacation and family pics be available for everybody. :oops:
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I can promise that is not the case Chrissie. I have thousands of photos stored on my laptop and maybe a few hundred of them are on Photobucket and I've uploaded them in ones and twos and threes etc.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

That's good to know, Fiona. Maybe we'll try Photobucket at some point, but tonight or tomorrow we'll do the FB suggestion first, because I have more than 50 friends on FB and they are all asking for pics of Cody :). And then I'll put a FB link into EBS. Thank you.
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I also use Photobucket and have never had a problem with it.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Here are the first photos of Cody taken today.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c9c134ca8f

I hope it also works for forumites who are not on Facebook. Please let me know.
André tried it with Img Img first and put the FB link in-between, but it didn't work. Then he put in URL URL with the FB link in-between and that worked when we clicked on the link.

On these pics Cody is almost 6 weeks old. We'll take more pics in 2 weeks when we'll pick him up to bring him home and we are already very curious if his appearance will have changed :). His ears might be up already by then. But even with floppy ears he looks very cute I think.

He's the smallest of the three male puppies and according to our breeder the most laid back, hardly ever barks and is the least hyper one. He watched him closely over the past 2 weeks and could recognize some typical beta male characteristics.

When we returned from Connecticut, we went to Petco with a long shopping list and spent a fortune, but now he has everything from collar & leash to doggie bed for his crate downstairs and a more fancy and larger doggie bed for upstairs once he'll be old enough to climb stairs. We bought a play pen, two extra high baby gates, several more toys, dog food, dog treats, a pooper scooper (very fancy thing!), dog deodorant, Wee Wee Wipes (he needs them until he'll be house broken), a soft glove brush for the next few months, a slicker brush for when he'll be fully grown (mid April) and a ramp with friction on which he can climb up to a table where I can brush him and put his leash on without kneeling or bending (I have a bad back).
You can imagine how happy we are, now that we know which puppy we'll get.
Before we left, the breeder put a blue collar around his neck (they have 5 more colors for his siblings once their future parents have decided which one to take), so in the next video clips on asjwhiteshepherds on FB we'll recognize who is Cody. :)
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Chrissie777 wrote: At the bottom there is an e-mail address for Keith which is no longer working: mystery@blyton.net (I got a error message).
Keith's email address is mystery@enidblyton.net - that's why you got the error message!
Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Nigel, thank you. I finally reached him and he answered me. I wrote my Yahoo Member Photos password down.
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock