Problems in the Cave

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Re: Problems in the Cave

Post by Daisy »

Moonraker wrote: I dread to think what would happen if Keith totally changed the layout! :wink:
:lol: :lol: Do you remember the outcry when the whole thing was changed from blue to pink? :o
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

What we must try and think of is that different laptops, computers, iphones, and all this technology etc shows up differently of certain screens, and if you get used to seeing something, and it suddenly changes, it takes a while to work your way around a new screen again.

I use my lap top which is fine for me, but if I use the tablet we have, the Blyton Society comes up differently on there, and I just can't get used to it, so never post anything from the tablet.

It's okay for all of you who are used to all this technology, but some of us aren't, and we have to learn again and adjust! :|

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I'm surprised you have a souped-up Mini Cooper - would have thought a pony and trap would be more your style... :wink:

Last edited by Moonraker on 06 Jul 2014, 13:05, edited 2 times in total.
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

The mini is drawn by a horse. :lol: :wink: :wink:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Perhaps Nigel would like to walk in front waving a red flag?
Society Member
shadow
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery / Mary Pollock / Adventure Series
Favourite character: Kiki / Loony

Post by shadow »

That's a very good drawing of a mini, are you sure it was done by a horse Lucky Star? :lol:
If I could live here on this secret island always and always and always, and never grow up at all, I would be quite happy
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I thought it was just me for a while, wondering if there had been some layout change. Like you all I can't quite put my finger on what's different but I do like the quick reply function.

I tried accessing a cached copy of the forums via google and it showed as a warning saying "I" had been banned permanently from the forums!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I got my daughter to check on her laptop, as a guest, and she was able to access the forums, obviously she couldn't post as she hadn't registered. When she Googled 'Enid Blyton Society' it give her various options, including 'forums#. Underneath that there was some kind of message to say she'd been permanently banned!
Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Fiona1986 wrote:I tried accessing a cached copy of the forums via google and it showed as a warning saying "I" had been banned permanently from the forums!
I saw that the other day, too, but after a slight panic, I found my account was still there! Here is the full message that came up under 'Forums - The Enid Blyton Society':

Information: You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact the board administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your IP...

And that is as far as it explains underneath the title.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I have noticed a few minor changes but other than that I seem to have got off lightly as I have had no issues whatsoever. Many thanks to Keith for ensuring that this is so.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I haven't had any issues either. I noticed that the bar at the top of the forum pages - under the title banner - was doing some odd things the other day, but it didn't affect anything I was doing, and it's settled now. My thanks to Keith as well for all his work!
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Post by daanton »

I know, really, but other than those I've earlier mentioned, the Forums look pretty much unchanged from before the problems. As far as I can see, that is.
Famous Five TV Fan
walter raleigh
Favourite book/series: 5 Fall Into Adventure/R Mysteries/Adventure Series
Favourite character: George Kirrin

Post by walter raleigh »

I must say I haven't really noticed any changes myself so they must be pretty subtle. Which is good as I like the forum just the way it is.
"Stuck in a state of permanent pre-pubescence like poor Julian in the Famous Five!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Keith wrote:I know the control panel layout at the top of the page looks different, but I don't know what's different about it
The only differences I have noticed is that View New Posts is now in bold, there is a search box and the username is in square brackets, with a space between brackets and name.
Anita wrote:Links in people's forum posts are also now showing up as blue instead of dusky red.
Not always! In Poppy's link on the Other Author's thread, it is back in dusty red! Mine are still in blue, though.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I may be wrong but I think the links come up as dusky red until you've clicked on them, and after that they turn blue.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member