Login Issues While Posting?

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Moonraker

Re: Login Issues While Posting?

Post by Moonraker »

Oh. Have you thought of getting a dongle? :D
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I'm not sure if I've ticked the box to keep me logged in or not. I'll try and remember to look next time I sign in.
Society Member
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Re:

Post by Carlotta King »

I've looked into dongles but they seem a bit expensive, I couldn't afford to keep topping it up.
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I always log out, I always have done.

It's so surprising that you just use your phone, Carlotta. I use a lap top, and have tried using hubby's phone when we're away and I couldn't connect with the internet, but could never get used to it. I prefer to see a large screen before me, so I can see properly what I'm doing. An age thing I guess! :wink:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I knew I was a bit out of touch with technology, but I'd never heard of a dongle, so just had to look it up. If I'd seen the word anywhere else, I'd have guessed it was a slang word for parts of the body. :oops:
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Thanks for a very good laugh Katharine. :)
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Katharine wrote: If I'd seen the word anywhere else, I'd have guessed it was a slang word for parts of the body. :oops:
:lol: :lol:

I use a dongle to store the stuff on that I want to keep, writing, photos etc. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Re:

Post by Carlotta King »

Hehe it's not an age thing Julie, I much prefer a large screen. I have an Acer laptop but just no broadband to connect it to. I would much rather use my laptop than my phone. :)
But at least I can watch all my films and tv series on my laptop :)
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

I have a question to ask---please help me -someone. My posts very often come up in duplicates---There is a cross beside the edit-- and I'm able to delete. But yesterday beat everything---13 duplicates---and could not delete anything except 3. The others did not have a cross beside the edit. Now at the bottom of the POST A REPLY page it is written----Delete all Board cookies.--If that button is clicked then can the duplicates be deleted? Thankyou in advance. :oops: ::
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I wouldn't have thought so, but delete them anyway, it might help in the future. It is impossible to make 13 posts in one go, you need time before making a subsequent post anyway! The fault must lie with you or your PC/laptop, I would have thought.
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I have occasionally put a double post. This occurs when my computer has been very slow, and I'm not sure if I've already hit the submit button and it's waiting to load my reply, or whether it's because I didn't hit the key, and it's sitting there waiting for me to press it. So I'll press submit again, then I'll usually check in case I did duplicate it, and immediately delete the extra post.

Maybe your computer key gets stuck if it's submitting 13 posts?
Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Goodness knows what the problem is--- perhaps it's with both of us wherein lies the problem---myself and the laptop---any I'm hoping for the best.Thank you all. :)
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Even your deletions were doubled up, Snehalatha, as according to the moderator control panel you actually deleted six not three and Anita then deleted a further ten. What stopped you from deleting any more was the fact that Poppy posted and once someone else posts you can no longer delete your own posts and a moderator has to do it.

I have sympathy with you as I am having the same problem myself at present with everything I am doing, as a single click on my mouse is coming as a double click, but my problems are mostly in Word files, although I have had one or two problems with this website as well and I have to be very careful with everything that I do. Computers!! :twisted:
Nair Snehalatha

Thank You Tony--- At least you said you're also having occasionally.---I was wondering what went wrong. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :?
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

It is queer, but I have been logged out twice in this session of forum perusal. I thought maybe I had accidentally touched the logout button the first time, but definitely not the second time. :|
Society Member