Like the Layout

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Like the Layout

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I've just been looking at the novels/novelettes section and I wanted to say that I like the new layout. It's very clear and the scans of the early book covers are most attractive. I hadn't realised there were quite so many different illustrators of the original Noddy books.

The chronology is excellent as well, with some fascinating snippets of information. I didn't know before that The Man Who Stopped to Help and The Boy Who Came Back (1965) were the last full-length books to be written by Enid.

The picture at the top of the site has changed too hasn't it, merging some of the different options, or am I just imagining that?

Keep up the good work, Troublesome Three :wink: !

Anita
Last edited by Anita Bensoussane on 14 Apr 2006, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Summerfield

Website Updates

Post by Tony Summerfield »

As always you are very quick off the mark Anita, as we have only just gone 'live'. Keith has been very busy and I hope more Forum regulars will enjoy the site to the full - it is very easy to get there from the Home link at the top of the page.

Funnily enough the two books that you mentioned from the Chronology aren't listed under the Novels/Novelettes as they are just retelling biblical stories and will appear eventually under Religious books - Oh, and The Troublesome Three will be listed under Picture Strip books at some stage in the future!

Glad you like it, we owe a great debt to Keith for setting it all out so clearly.

Best wishes
Tony
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Re: Website Updates

Post by Keith Robinson »

Thanks Anita and Tony.

I just wanted to confirm, Anita, that the picture at the top has indeed changed a little. I always felt it was just a little too high, pushing the content down the page too far, so I reduced its size a tad. But reducing it would have meant becoming too narrow, so I added two scenes to the far right. Three Brownie points will be awarded to whoever can identify the new scenes first!

Other than that, I just rounded off the corners of the menu block and switched on all the menu links at once.

If anyone has ANY suggestions at all as to what could be improved anywhere on the site, please feel free to let me know at mystery@enidblyton.net. In the meantime the next project will be restoring the Shop and Featured Books sections, as well as adding more reviews to the book listings.

Keith
Raci

Post by Raci »

:lol: I thought the top pic looked different yesterday but with all the computer troubles I've had just recently I wasn't sure if my computer was just missing the top of the page LOL!

My guesses for the two scenes at the right handside would be:
Furthest right - The secret island and next to it - from one of the adventure books but I'm not sure which one :?
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Well done for spotting The Secret Island, Raci... but the other illustration is not an Adventure book (or at least not one that stars Jack, Philip, Dinah and Lucy-Ann).

Anyone?
puffin62

Post by puffin62 »

I think it's most probably The Boy next Door or Those Dreadful Children

As for the new layout... swonderful!
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Well done, Puffin62! Here's the book I got the image from:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/work ... php?id=265

Oddly enough, going back through the old Journals I noticed that both The Boy Next Door and The Secret Island featured on the cover of older issues.

Keith