Espresso Books on Demand

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
hsmanjunath

Espresso Books on Demand

Post by hsmanjunath »

From last couple of years Espresso Book sales are catching up. Espresso Books involves printing books on demand through Espresso Book machines and they work very much like ATMs.

I understand that there are over 8 million titles available on such machines.

I would like to know whether all the 700 Enid Blyton titles are available on such machines. Does anybody here have an idea?

Manjunath
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Espresso Books on Demand

Post by Fiona1986 »

30 seconds spent googling their website and then searching it for Blyton would tell you that no, they're not.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Maybe our friend is just trying to promote the Espresso brand, Fiona. Fancy a coffee? :wink:
Society Member
hsmanjunath

Post by hsmanjunath »

I have no Espresso Books machine to promote.

I think it will be great idea to make Enid Blyton books available through such machines. These machines are spreading everywhere.

I did google on it and I found that some titles are available on these machines. I was wondering if anybody had a real time experience with these machines and if they have checked whether Blyton is available on them.

Manjunath
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I don't drink coffee, so no thanks :wink:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Apparently, three cups of coffee a day will stave of Alzheimer's. Maybe you should start?!
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Is that regular or de-caff?
Society Member
hsmanjunath

Post by hsmanjunath »

In case of Enid Blyton books, de-cafe, I would take it to mean all the latest versions of Enid Blyton with characters, words and sentences changed to suit the sick current day society.

They no longer see things straight and call spade a spade.

With Espresso Books, I guess we have to be satisfied with the de-cafe versions of Enid Blyton, as provided by the current publishers.

But do we at-least have that?

Manjunath Rao
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I like the idea that Enid Blyton's books have now become 'decaffinated'. Although personally if I had to compare her books with a beverage I'd say they were more like a warm cup of milky cocoa - the perfect way to end a day snuggled up in bed. :D
Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

It sounds like a great invention; these machines can print a book on demand. In this world of e-everything it’s quite surprising to come across something modern that produces paper. So if the kindle is not your cup of tea, the espresso is the answer.
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

hsmanjunath wrote: call spade a spade.
What's wrong with that? It beats calling it a sturdy tool having a thick handle and a heavy, flat blade that can be pressed into the ground with the foot to break up, turn over, or remove earth or sand (for example) :wink: