Post Counts/Pointless Posting

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: General Natter Room

Post by Lucky Star »

Moonraker wrote: and should they continue, the member would find his account deleted. Suffice to say, nearly all posts are interesting!
Maybe we need a system of bans and suspensions as punishments then. I still dont see anthing wrong with a little idle chatter, its just out of hand at the moment which is why I suggested localising it in one place. Balance is all.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: General Natter Room

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Lucky Star wrote: Maybe we need a system of bans and suspensions as punishments then.

Anita's got a big stick if that helps! :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Re: Post Counts/Pointless Posting

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I don't like all these suggestions of pet ranks, I get enough crazy emails every day as it is. I am sure the two aren't connected, but immediately after the post ranking I got this email:-

Atten: Purchasing Dep.
Dear Ma"am/Sirs,
We are glad to know you are wholesaler and distributor of pet products and we hope to be your supplier.
Could you please confirm the email and we can send you our catalogue & price list of pet accessory.
Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you
Jason.

I think the rankings that we discussed were more to do with age ranges, so you moved from being a member of the Secret Seven, to the Famous Five, to the Find-Outers - or something along that line. You would probably start as one of Noddy's Friends unless we reversed the order and then only Nigel and Anita would qualify as Noddy's Friends! :lol:
Fatty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Little Bets

Post by Fatty »

Speaking of being strict, here are the 'rules' on a forum I'm subscribed to:
We have implemented a comprehensive warning / notification system that will assist the Support Team in maintaining the quality of this community. Your user account will now accumulate points for each offensive post that is against the Rules and Guidelines. We strongly advise new members to get familiar with our board rules.

In the event that a member's profile accumulates 10 points, that member will be temporarily banned (for a month). Each infraction point is valid for a period of 45 days, after which the infraction is deleted and your points come back to 0.

•More than two smilies per post : 3 points
•SMS / Slang / Poor Readability : 4 points
•Spamming / Excessive one liners : 4 points
•Personal attacks : 4 points
•Posting externally hosted pictures : 4 points
•Plagiarism : 5 points
•Commercial exploitation : 5 points
•Posting classified ads without price / picture : 5 points
•Abusive Language : 7 points
•Trolling : 7 points
•Racial / sexual abuse : 10 points

Most infractions will entail a notification PM. Infractions can also be viewed in your own user profile. Repeat offences (of the same nature) will lead to an increment in the infraction points. For e.g., the first plagiarism offence will call for a 5 point infraction. But the second plagiarism offence may account for as much as a 10 point infraction.
I wonder how many of us would survive a week over there, given our current posting habits. :) Incidentally, this forum has over 50,000 members and some 2.5 million posts.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony wrote:I think the rankings that we discussed were more to do with age ranges
I'd be in the group of pipe-smoking old men. The Wassats?
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Jeremiah Moonraker Boogle!!
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

I would be in the group "Annoying little girls"
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Oh dear, Fatty. I'm certain our little forum would have very few users left if those were the rules!!

I'm with Nigel on enjoying my post count, though I don't post solely to increase it.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Fiona1986 wrote:Oh dear, Fatty. I'm certain our little forum would have very few users left if those were the rules!!
The mind boggles as to how much work the admins are giving themselves, they must be sitting at their computers 24/7! We wouldn't do very well with one and a bit (that's me!) - Matt has gone the same way as the dodo, you need to go on a yeti hunt to find Keith and G@K grazes peacefully on Famous Five pastures.
Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

Post by Icecream342 »

THis thread is a bit pointless. We can just PM each other for Private Messaging. That's what me and 7up are doing.
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

"We can" and "we always do" are not the same, and you two are not the only offenders so this thread is not pointless.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Icecream342

Post by Icecream342 »

OK- this thread can stay. One thing- If we post on here, can others see it in the Genneral Natter Room

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Why thank you for allowing the thread to stay Icey. :wink: Of course it can be seen by everybody, its in the General Natter section like all the other threads. :?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Icecream342

Post by Icecream342 »

I know that, but if you make a post in this thread, can everyone else see it if they are posting in the Genneral Natter Room

Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Isn't it wonderful when Icy is all benevolent like that?

This thread is still in the general natter sub forum, just no longer a part of the general natter thread.

General only has ONE N by the way.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member