Login Problems

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!

Login Problems

Post by Guest »

Hi

I am a member of the Forum, even of the Society, and when I log in at the top of the page, it shows that I'm logged in, but often when I post something, I'm shown as a Guest. (It will be interesting to see what happens this time.)

It seems that whenever I touch a Preview or Submit button I get kicked right out again. So I keep logging in, but I keep being called a Guest.

Boo hoo. Can anyone open the door and let me in?

Errol
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Have you enabled cookies for this Web site?

Matt

Post by Guest »

Hi Matt

Sorry, I don't know. I don't think so. Is it important?

Thanks,
Errol
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

It will have a bearing Errol as cookies are how a site knows you.

If you're using internet explorer go to Tool, Internet options and Privacy.

Your cookie settings are in there, mine are set to medium and I've not trouble with the site.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Hi, Erroll,

Yes, you will need to enable cookies in order to use this site. If you don't want to enable cookies for all Web sites, you can put the Society site into your trusted sites zone. Using Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options > Security. Click on the "Trusted sites" icon, then the [Sites] button. Type http://*.enidblytonsociety.co.uk in the box, click [Add], and then [OK].

Hope that works.

Matt
Errol

Post by Errol »

Hi Matt and George

Thanks for the assistance. Now this is dangerous - when I start digging around in these kinds of settings!

Anyway I followed your very clear instructions, and this is what happened:

George: I got there and found my setting is already on Medium. So that should be OK.

Matt: I followed your instructions too, but when I typed in the site address, I was told it would only accept addresses with the https:// prefix.

The strange thing, though, is that in the past I have posted messages and they've shown that they are from me. It's only recently that this Guest thing has started, though I've done nothing that should've caused it. Oh, well, maybe if we ignore it it'll go away and things will return to normal again.

Many thanks,
Errol
Errol

Post by Errol »

Hi

Me again. Hey, now look at that! That message worked perfectly. These machines certainly have an inbuilt random function selector, because, as I explained above, I altered nothing on those settings.

Well, I won't question it too much. As long as it works!

Good to be back again.

Errol
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I have posted a pertinent topic under "Child Whispers", where this topic started. I include it below:

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Child Whispers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous wrote:
By the way, I'm not a Guest. I'm a proper member. I sign in *repeatedly* (and I mean "repeatedly) when I'm in the Forums, but I keep finding myself having to log in all over again, and every so often when I post I'm called a Guest. It'll be interesting to see what this one does.

Errol

[Moonraker]:
Yes, I much prefer using Mozilla Firefox as my browser, instead of Internet Explorer. However, I can't even log-in most of the time; on the odd occasion when I can, in spite of ticking the "keep logged in" box, next visit, I'm logged out again. Therefore, I have to use IE as my browser when accessing this site.

I do have cookies enabled on Mozilla, but I still can't log in.
Society Member