One thing that really bugs me about this forum...

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Here's where to go!
Jamie

Re: One thing that really bugs me about this forum...

Post by Jamie »

Oooooooooo... first it's Moonraker, then it's Tony, then it's Moonraker...

I can't work out which one I think is my favourite. There's only one way to find out........

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! :mrgreen:
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

By the way Tony, thank you very much.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:I keep meaning to ask whether anyone else finds "Search Forums" slow to use. If I search for a word and the thread I'm looking for doesn't come up on the first page, I generally have to wait ages till it allows me to click on page 2. The same happens if I want to refine my search, or start a new search. A message comes up saying something like, "Sorry, you cannot search at this time. Please wait and try again." It doesn't always happen, but it happens quite often.
This happens to me regularly, Anita.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

And me! Well it would, wouldn't it! Jamie, I give way, in humble defeat, on this 'spat'! As for a fight, I don't think either of us is capable of a violent, physical altercation. In any case, the pen is mightier than the sword, and I have just run out of ink, so his nibs has won this round!

As for email notifications, at the bottom of every page is this:

Board index Subscribe topic Bookmark topic

If you click on Subscribe topic, you'll be notified by email on this thread/topic, without having to go into settings.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Eddie Muir wrote:
Anita Bensoussane wrote:I keep meaning to ask whether anyone else finds "Search Forums" slow to use. If I search for a word and the thread I'm looking for doesn't come up on the first page, I generally have to wait ages till it allows me to click on page 2. The same happens if I want to refine my search, or start a new search. A message comes up saying something like, "Sorry, you cannot search at this time. Please wait and try again." It doesn't always happen, but it happens quite often.
This happens to me regularly, Anita.
Yes! Most forums have a limit on how fast you can post for example on the farmville forums I'm regularly hit by the 30 second rule and have to sit and wait before I can hit submit.

But here! Drives me mad. It's not as if trying to look at page two is a new search, but I don't see why there's a time limit on how many searches you can do either!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Yes, I was replying directly to Eddie, but whilst I was doing so Fiona completed a sandwich which made it less obvious.

I do find this facility useful as I am only watching the limited number of topics that I have posted in. When I am working elsewhere in the site (I am currently adding summaries to the Voilier Famous Five books) it is useful to come straight into the forums when an email pings through as in this case, so that I can reply immediately. It doesn't clutter up my email box as I delete them as soon as I have dealt with them. I also check out the new posts, but only two or three times a day.

There is me replying to a post and Fiona has sandwiched again! :lol:
Aussie Sue
Favourite book/series: Secret Island, Faraway Tree & FindOuter Series

Post by Aussie Sue »

Thanks Tony and thanks JamieUK for bringing this up. I have always wished we had the ability to know when someone responded to our posts without realising it was available at the press of a button.

Great
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Tony Summerfield wrote: There is me replying to a post and Fiona has sandwiched again! :lol:
Completely unintentional I assure you!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote: I do find this facility useful as I am only watching the limited number of topics that I have posted in. ...it is useful to come straight into the forums when an email pings through as in this case, so that I can reply immediately.
Ah, I wondered how you always managed to reply so quickly! :D
Society Member
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Moonraker wrote:And me! Well it would, wouldn't it! Jamie, I give way, in humble defeat, on this 'spat'! As for a fight, I don't think either of us is capable of a violent, physical altercation. In any case, the pen is mightier than the sword, and I have just run out of ink, so his nibs has won this round!

You do know I was taking off Harry Hill there, right?
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

All this talk about sarnies.... *rubs stomach*
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

No, I didn't Jamie!
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonraker wrote:No, I didn't Jamie!

He did really, he's just being Nigel!!! :roll:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

No, honestly, I have rarely seen Harry Hill. I always thought he was rather silly...?
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

I love Harry Hill. I'm really sad that his TV Burp has come to an end.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member