Enid Blyton Day Speakers

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Katharine

Re: Enid Blyton Day Speakers

Post by Katharine »

Stef, maybe you did attend the 2009 day, but swapped your lunch time ginger beer for just plain beer and were too sozzled to remember the rest of the day? :wink:
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Wayne Pyer wrote:
Moonraker wrote:
Julie2owlsdene wrote:I missed 1994 and 1999 years.
I had no idea you had been attending EBDs for 20 years Julie. Have you been a member all that time?
I have :D
And you actually came to the Day in 2001, Wayne - I keep very good records.

Stef, you were there in 2009, but according to my records 2008 was your first day, not 2007!
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

It's interesting that you keep such meticulous records, Tony. :D As far as I know, I attended the following EBS Days: 2000 (Rickmansworth), 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 (all at Twyford). That makes ten in all. Am I correct, Tony?
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Daisy wrote:I read it [Julie's post] the way you did Nigel. Still trying to make out what exactly she's missing! :?
Wasn't Julie just saying that she missed hearing Tony speaking at the Day in 1994 and 1999?

Stef, in 2009 Clova McCallum, Lee Morris and Eleanor Moran spoke about the filming of the Enid drama and showed us a trailer. Norman Wright talked about the 1950s Australian radio series of the Find-Outers books, and played a few clips.

My first Enid Blyton Day was in 2002.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Thank you, Anita. One sane person on here at least! Yes, I was actually meaning that it's sad I missed Tony speak in those years, as I wasn't a member or knew anything of the Society not having a computer! :roll:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Tony Summerfield wrote:
Stef, you were there in 2009, but according to my records 2008 was your first day, not 2007!

Huh. Because I swear I attended one and then about a year later I joined the society. I joined in 2008 I think...
Whatever year Ming was over was the first year I attended because I sat behind her in the hall!

But if Tony says it was 2008, 2008 it was.
Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Stef, in 2009 Clova McCallum, Lee Morris and Eleanor Moran spoke about the filming of the Enid drama and showed us a trailer. Norman Wright talked about the 1950s Australian radio series of the Find-Outers books, and played a few clips.
Oh yes! Now I recall it. It might have been because I didn't remember their individual names and thought that they had given seperate speeches!
Katharine wrote:Stef, maybe you did attend the 2009 day, but swapped your lunch time ginger beer for just plain beer and were too sozzled to remember the rest of the day? :wink:
Maybe that was it Katharine! In that case whoever is swapping my ginger beer to plain beer needs to stop! I don't know where my life is going! :lol:
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Looking at the E.B. Day photos for 2007, Ming is on those. So she must have come over in 2007.

I know I missed Ming, as my first Day at Twyford was 2008. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

My first EB day was 2007 when I met Ming as well as several other forumites who have since become my friends. You don't appear on the group photo Steph - but that doesn't mean you weren't elsewhere at the time it was taken. I then missed 2008 (I went to the Secret Island 70th Anniversary celebrations at Corfe Castle at the end of that month instead) but have happily attended the rest.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

I can't remember too much about the two years I attended (2010 and 2012) as they seemed to flash by. I am so sorry I did not chat nearly enough to all of you. It's something I've always regretted.
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Pippa-Stef wrote:But if Tony says it was 2008, 2008 it was.
My apologies Stef it was 2007! I misread the file, the problem being that the years are at the top of page 1 and you are on page 13 (and I forget that 2011 isn't on the list)!! I was a bit surprised that we have only had about 630 people attending EB Days, so a great many have obviously been on a number of occasions.

It is also possible that people bought tickets but couldn't make it, as is the case with Eddie perhaps, as I have also got you ticked for 2002, which makes 11 days.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Tony Summerfield wrote:It is also possible that people bought tickets but couldn't make it, as is the case with Eddie perhaps, as I have also got you ticked for 2002, which makes 11 days.
You're right about EB Day 2002, Tony. I did buy tickets, but I woke up on the day with a bad migraine and, much to our dismay, Chick and I weren't able to attend.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

2007 was my first and so far only EB Day, but certainly was one of the best days of my life. I really hope to make it to another one in the future, and if that isn't possible, then certainly try and visit everyone during a LONG vacation the UK. Someday!

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Ming wrote:2007 was my first and so far only EB Day, but certainly was one of the best days of my life.
Ah, the start of our beautiful relationship! :D
Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

M..M....marvellous, Ming and Nigel - let's hope they get together (and all of us) again.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Steady, Francis! :P
Society Member