Update for Enid Blyton Day

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Update for Enid Blyton Day

Post by Lucky Star »

Moonraker wrote:
Viking Star wrote:As one of those unable to attend the EB day
Gutted you won't be there, old thing. It could well be a sad day for me, this year.... :cry:
Er... Moonraker that quote from VS is from 2006. :lol: As far as I am aware VS will indeed be attending this year. Its a great pity this year that Ming will not be there. We'll be thinking of you though Ming, and you Sue, and anyone else from our little group here who cant make it.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Sue Webster

Post by Sue Webster »

oh well . for those of us not going we can always look on the web to see what happened . it would have bee good to meet you and others. sue
ENID BLYTON BOOKS ARE THE BEST EVER!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Lucky Star wrote:
Moonraker wrote:
Viking Star wrote:As one of those unable to attend the EB day
Gutted you won't be there, old thing. It could well be a sad day for me, this year.... :cry:
Er... Moonraker that quote from VS is from 2006. :lol:
Ye gods and little fishes.....I didn't notice that! I know I'm a bit behind the times, but...
Society Member
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Yes, I fear Lucky Star is right!

I think the misunderstanding arose because Sue Webster posted her message on the string from a couple of years ago ie. 'Update for Enid Blyton Day' rather than the string for this year, which I think is called 'Enid Blyton Day 2008'. Quite understandable, as this string doesn't have a particular year in it's title.

I read Moonraker's post at about 3.30 this morning, but was too tired to post an immediate response. But it was nice to read such a heartwarming comment before I switched off the light!

As Lucky Star said, I will be attending this year's EB day, so you'll have to bear with me I'm afraid. :wink:

Sorry that Sue Webster and Ming can't make it to the Day. As Daisy said of Fatty, Ming, we'll be like a rabbit pie without the rabbit. :roll:
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

sue webster wrote:oh well . for those of us not going we can always look on the web to see what happened . it would have bee good to meet you and others. sue
Quite a few of us will be viewing the Enid Blyton Day 2008 pictures and reviews with interest. Sadly I'm working on May 10th, trying to get leave is very difficult, maybe next year. :)
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Yes, I'll be missing you all! While you'll be having fun at the Enid Blyton Day I shall be practising Maths or Chemistry or just killing myself with 11 subjects!! Exams are a pain, aren't they? :wink:

Have a good time, and take lots of pictures! :D

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Ming wrote:Yes, I'll be missing you all! While you'll be having fun at the Enid Blyton Day I shall be practising Maths or Chemistry or just killing myself with 11 subjects!! Exams are a pain, aren't they? :wink:

I know that feeling! A Level Chemistry is the worst!!! :?
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/