Enid Blyton Day 2011?

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
misteriojuvenil
Favourite book/series: Five find outers
Favourite character: Fat

Re: Enid Blyton Day 2011?

Post by misteriojuvenil »

Paulo :( Carla :(
salray

Post by salray »

Well, I'm quite dissapointed in the lack of organisation with Enid Blyton day, you see my daughter's really into her novels, her first classic read!

It would of been great to taketo organise anythingle my daughter to a day all about Enid! Let me know if your able to organise anything...
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Tony Summerfield works extremely hard for the Society all year, Salray, and the Enid Blyton Day in particular takes a lot of organising. He deserves to take a break from that for once! People may be interested to know that there is to be a gathering of Blyton fans at Old Thatch in Bourne End, Bucks, on Saturday 18th June. It's not a Society event, but an informal get-together. If anyone is interested, please add your name to the list on the relevant thread (click on the link below):

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... &start=165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

salray wrote:
It would of been great to taketo organise anythingle my daughter to a day all about Enid! Let me know if your able to organise anything...
I'm not sure what that rather mangled sentance is supposed to mean but, as Anita said, there is a non-society event taking place on June 18th. The Enid Blyton Society is extremely well organised, its just that a conscious decision has been taken to suspend the EBS Day for this year. :)
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Lots of thingles in Dorset at Corfe Castle :D

Enid Blyton at War 2nd June
End Blyton's Birthday Party 11 August...

and unlike Socity events, which tend to be aimed at adults, these are for children!

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017