EB Day Pics

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Tony Summerfield

EB Day Pics

Post by Tony Summerfield »

For those who were asking about pics of the EB Day, Stella & Rose's Books, one of the dealers present, have posted a few on their website at http://www.stellabooks.com - obviously these are largely of their own stand and mostly taken before things got busy, but they give a taster whilst we wait to hopefully see some of Paulo's pics.

Best wishes
Tony
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Thanks Tony!
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

EB Day Pics

Post by Viking Star »

I couldn't see any pics - just a brief mention of the day itself.

Am I missing something obvious pl?
noddy13

Pix

Post by noddy13 »

Hi Viking... no you are not missing anything at all. Truth is both Keith and I took pix.. but he is, I am led to believe, in comprehensive holiday mood, adventuring across the English countryside... and

as for me, I will be sending my stuff within the next few days. So hopefully you will have some images to look forward to soon!

Cheers..!
Viking Star

EB Day Pics

Post by Viking Star »

Thanks Noddy13. Re-assuring to know that I hadn't missed anything obvious.
Tony Summerfield

Time Lapse

I'm afraid you are still all at sea Viking Star as you picked up on a thread from last year - you obviously didn't notice the 2005!

Never fear the pics will come.

Best wishes
Tony
noddy13

Time travel...

Post by noddy13 »

Hey Tony..maybe Viking Star got marooned on the Island of Adventure, and while escaping up the Mountain down through the Valley, came across the Ship on she sailed away across the blue blue Sea. Moral..? Lifes always a Circus when you are up the River without a paddle or more importantly a calendar.

Sorry Viking could'nt resist that... hope you do make it soon... and the pictures will be with you sooner rather than later thanks to Tonys very subtle, very public, deeply disguised, mildly threatening and wholly innocent words of ... warning..?
Viking Star

The Enid Blyton Day

Post by Viking Star »

Very amusing both. :)
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

Just a reminder/update that I hope to get a 2006 Blyton Day page up very soon, most likely at the end of this weekend. I currently have some pics of my own, plus some from Karl in Austria. I'm also in the process of getting pics from Nigel (Moonraker) and Prabhu (Noddy13) - although Prabhu's can't be sent to me until the 28th, hence the "end of weekend" date mentioned above. (So it's all Prabhu's fault we're waiting, hee hee!! - Nah, just kidding).
noddy13

threat..?

Post by noddy13 »

Keith Robinson wrote:Just a reminder/update that I hope to get a 2006 Blyton Day page up very soon, most likely at the end of this weekend. I currently have some pics of my own, plus some from Karl in Austria. I'm also in the process of getting pics from Nigel (Moonraker) and Prabhu (Noddy13) - although Prabhu's can't be sent to me until the 28th, hence the "end of weekend" date mentioned above. (So it's all Prabhu's fault we're waiting, hee hee!! - Nah, just kidding).
Ive never seen a more remarkable display of sarcasm and threat all rolled into one....thanks to you Keith...its going to be a very long weekend (just kidding)

Prabhu
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Re: threat..?

Post by Keith Robinson »

Ive never seen a more remarkable display of sarcasm and threat all rolled into one....thanks to you Keith...its going to be a very long weekend (just kidding)
But think of the knowledge you'll have gained once your nephew has shown you how to the send pictures over the internet! Watch and learn, Prabhu, watch and learn. :D
Tony Summerfield

More Pics

A few more pics and a short review of the Day have appeared on Stella & Rose's website -

http://www.stellabooks.com/articles/oth ... y_2006.php

I don't know if anyone recognises the 'Noddy illustrator' in the bottom picture - I am not at all sure that it is one of Robert's twin granddaughters who are pictured with him above that.

Nice one of Nigel pondering on what to do next!

Best wishes
Tony
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

The website also has an old "stock" picture of Gillian, Barbara and Imogen. Imogen wasn't even there this year, was she? And the description reads:

"...Enid Blyton's older daughter Gillian Baverstock. Gillian is Patron of the Society, along with her sisten, Imogen Smallwood and Enid 's biographer Barbara Stoney (Right)"

I'm pretty sure Barbara is in the middle!

As for the picture of Robert's granddaughter... I did see these girls wandering about on stage, and they seemed to be "with" Robert in some way, like they knew him, but I don't know how they were related, if they were.
Moonraker

Re: More Pics

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote:Nice one of Nigel pondering on what to do next!

I think I'm chatting to Anita, it looks like her arm next to me! I do look rather distinguished, though....................... :twisted:
Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Re: More Pics

Post by Keith Robinson »

moonraker wrote:I think I'm chatting to Anita, it looks like her arm next to me! I do look rather distinguished, though....... :twisted:
Extinguished? Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. ;)