EB Day Pics

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Hi Moonraker,

Not my arm, I'm afraid - I wasn't wearing jeans. I think it might be Viv that you're talking to, but I'm not 100% certain. Anyone recognise that arm?!

Can't help wondering what's in that mysterious-looking brown paper parcel that the gentleman behind you is putting in his bag!

Anita
Tony Summerfield

EB Day Pics

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Those two little girls in the picture with Robert are his granddaughters, and his daughter is in the same picture, but the little girl on the Noddy illustration appears to be different.

You are right about the other picture Keith (taken straight off our site!), Barbara Stoney is in the middle.

Tony
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: Not my arm, I'm afraid - I wasn't wearing jeans. I think it might be Viv that you're talking to, but I'm not 100% certain. Anyone recognise that arm?!

I've had another look, and realised it's my wife, Jane! :oops:
Society Member
Raci

Post by Raci »

moonraker wrote:I've had another look, and realised it's my wife, Jane! :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I nearly killed another computer! I was drinking some lemonade when I read this and burst out laughing! :lol:
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

I'd just gone & checked that my top wasn't stripey before finding out who the owner was!

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
zoekast

Enid Blyton Day

Post by zoekast »

I first heard about the special day from a friend in London. I live in Winnipeg, Canada and am planning on attending EB Day in 2007. Is there anyone else out there who has come or is planning to come from another country?
My name is Nancy and I have been a Blyton fan since the age of 10 when my brother offered me his copy of The Island of Adventure. That was 45 years ago!
Topsy-Turvy

Post by Topsy-Turvy »

Welcome Zoekast - I feel like asking if your brother ever got his book back!

Wish I could have made the EB Day! :( I don't think I can make next year's either waaaaaah! So have lots of people on the forum met face to face then??
TT
zoekast

Post by zoekast »

Hey Topsy Turvey. Thanks for the welcome. In answer to your question- NO!! My brother never asked for the book back and today it is part of my rather large Blyton library. My brother moved beyond the children's book stage, but I never did!! I have since added a dust jacket to the book in question (Had to buy a whole vintage book just for the dj!!).
My name is Nancy and I have been a Blyton fan since the age of 10 when my brother offered me his copy of The Island of Adventure. That was 45 years ago!
Topsy-Turvy

Post by Topsy-Turvy »

Hey Zoekast! Oh well, your brother won't know what he's missing then :) I don't think I've ever tried very hard to collect books with their DJ's before...I feel that if I can afford the book (in its good, old, original text) - I feel very blessed indeed already!! :)
TT