Journal 61

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Journal 61

Post by Eddie Muir »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: By the way, I consulted your Journal Index twice last week to find out various things. It's an extremely useful document!
I totally agree, Anita. Your Journal Index is a great document which I refer to often, Lenoir. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.

Post by Lenoir »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Gosh - you have been waiting a long time, Lenoir. :( I remember you telling us about a lengthy postal strike a couple of years ago. Are the problems still going on, or is this unrelated? I hope your Journal hasn't got lost in the post and that it will reach you very soon.
Yes, there was a strike a couple of years ago. It seems that the post has been slow since then.
But I have always received the journal, just later than it used to be. I'm not sure what is going on, but I hope it comes soon.

I'm glad you and Eddie find the index useful!
Lenoir

Post by Lenoir »

Nice to finally start Journal 61! It was a wait but perhaps it made it more special. I enjoyed reading it.
The winter journal in winter one could say in my case. And Journal 62 is waiting as well. I'll start it this week - I don't want to read them too quickly.

Fantastic that the sundial was restored and set up. A bit of Green Hedges preserved.
The "Sitting on an Adventure" was a good little story, and had elements of the Find Outers and the Secret Seven. Alan was as sharp as Fatty and as strict and rude as Peter, quite a combination!

The analysis of Kiki was explained it very well I thought.
Good article on Christmas customs. I like the way the the two books were compared. There are always different theories for how certain traditions started.
Gillian's letter was also interesting, it's always good to read articles from the family members.
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Thank you, Lenoir. When did you receive the journal?
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Lenoir

Post by Lenoir »

About 2 weeks ago.