Journal Jitters

What did you think of the latest Journal?
djb

Re: Journal Jitters

Post by djb »

I'm afraid I still haven't received my copy of Journal 58: can another one be posted please? Thanks. Doreen Barker, OX2 9AQ, 76
djb
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Possibly an email to Tony might be a better way of communicating issues with non-deliveries. Just a thought.
Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

I finally subscribed today! I'd subscribed a few years ago, (when I was active) and have 3 of the Journals. Well, my subscription ran out and with me being in the 'I am soooooo over Enid Blyton' phase, ( :roll: :roll: ) I didn't bother to subscribe again. But now I'm back.... and so is my sub! :D Just a question, have I subscribed enough in time to get the March Journal?
You can call me Sunskriti!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Darrell71 wrote:I'd subscribed a few years ago, (when I was active) ...
:?
Society Member
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

Why the :? face? I only meant that I'd subscribed a few years ago, when I was previously active on EBS. Winter 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013. (i.e. Journal 49, 50 and 51) Then, after 3 journals, my subscription ran out, so I stopped receiving the Journals. Now I subscribed again. What's so confusing in that?
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I think Nigel is having a smile at your remark "when I was active" which coming from a 14 year old sounds a little amusing to we of more advanced years who wish we could be as active as we once were! :lol:
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Darrell71 wrote:Just a question, have I subscribed enough in time to get the March Journal?
You have indeed, Sunskriti, I haven't even started working on it yet! I will be posting you a copy of our current Journal 58 unless you want to wait for another two months and start your subscription with Journal 59.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Spot on again, Daisy! Our minds must run in unison. :D
Society Member
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

Daisy wrote:I think Nigel is having a smile at your remark "when I was active" which coming from a 14 year old sounds a little amusing to we of more advanced years who wish we could be as active as we once were! :lol:
Ohh... that explains it! I just meant active as in when I posted more on the forums. You all know I used to post back in 2012 and 13, then I sort of went away, having supposedly 'grown out' of EB, :roll: and then I starting posting more again in late 2015. That's what I meant by active. :)
Tony Summerfield wrote:
Darrell71 wrote:Just a question, have I subscribed enough in time to get the March Journal?
You have indeed, Sunskriti, I haven't even started working on it yet! I will be posting you a copy of our current Journal 58 unless you want to wait for another two months and start your subscription with Journal 59.
Journal 58 will be fine. :D I thought I was too late for that one, and would have to wait till March, but luckily not!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Good choice, Sunskriti!
That's what I meant by active
Oh, I knew exactly what you meant, Sunskriti. It was just the little devil in me that couldn't resist me posting the query! :twisted:
Society Member
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

'Little Devil' just about sums it up, Moonraker! :wink: :wink: :lol:
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Journal Jitters

Post by sixret »

Split from the 'Journal 60' thread.
Tony Summerfield wrote:I posted out Journal 60 this morning, so it should arrive sometime in the next few days. Slightly later than I intended as it has been at the printers for the the best part of three weeks. It is a bit earlier than usual as I had run out of Journal 59.

Interestingly for new members it was our best May for 7 years, but this has been followed by our worst June for 16 years - swings and roundabouts! More interesting is that in the four months since I raised the overseas subscriptions we have had just one new member from overseas and this compares with 34 new members from the UK. Much as I feared I seem to have priced overseas members out of the market and all I did was to raise the subscription to cover our costs instead of selling all overseas Journals at a loss, c'est la vie!
Great to hear that. I wonder what cost that made the international subscription fee went from £21 to £24(has kept increasing every 2-3 years) while the UK subcription fee has not changed for a very long time! Flat rate cost of £10 for many years that I could remember! Surely, the production cost must be spread equally among all the subscribers no matter where they live? I will see the postage cost for this coming journal and compare it to the last one I received to see if there was an increment in postage cost.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Why don't you just sit down, read it and enjoy it. It's a bargain and well worth every penny - even if you live in Tipylooloo! :D
Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

I could have said the same thing( hopefully!) if my subscription fee was £10 from the start!
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

The point is, as Tony said, he has been making a LOSS with overseas postage costs for many years - not that the postage cost suddenly went up. He has now brought the overseas subscription up to cover the costs.

8)
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member