Journal 46

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Journal 46

Post by Kate Mary »

I see that Journal 46 is about to be published and includes half a dozen items by Enid including one under the pseudonym Audry Saint Lo and an article on Enid Boyten too. Lovely seasonal cover as well.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Journal 46

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I was looking at the updates yesterday, and thought how exciting the journal sounds once more. And I love the picture on the front cover. It will be a lovely lead up to Christmas. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Journal 46 has a splendid cover and the list of articles looks, as per usual, utterly mouthwatering. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Kate Mary wrote:I see that Journal 46 is about to be published and includes half a dozen items by Enid including one under the pseudonym Audry Saint Lo and an article on Enid Boyten too. Lovely seasonal cover as well.
Julie2owlsdene wrote:I was looking at the updates yesterday, and thought how exciting the journal sounds once more. And I love the picture on the front cover. It will be a lovely lead up to Christmas. :D

8)
Lucky Star wrote:Journal 46 has a splendid cover and the list of articles looks, as per usual, utterly mouthwatering. :D
I couldn't agree more. :D Journal 46 looks just great and I shall be eagerly looking out for my copy towards the end of November.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Loony the Dog
Favourite book/series: Book:The Boy next Door Series:Mystery or Adventure
Favourite character: Loony, Jack (Arnold), Kiki, Fatty, Bill, and Timmy

Post by Loony the Dog »

Has the new journal been sent yet? Thank-you. :D
In came the Taggertys. They were clean, except Biddy knees looked like she had been crawling half a mile in some muddy place.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Tony, working tirelessly as usual, took all the Journals to the post office this morning and the last thing he heard a member of staff was busy sticking stamps/sticky labels on the envelopes, ready to send them out! :D
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Loony the Dog
Favourite book/series: Book:The Boy next Door Series:Mystery or Adventure
Favourite character: Loony, Jack (Arnold), Kiki, Fatty, Bill, and Timmy

Post by Loony the Dog »

Thanks. Can't wait for it to come! :D
In came the Taggertys. They were clean, except Biddy knees looked like she had been crawling half a mile in some muddy place.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

My copy of Journal 46 has just arrived in the post. A BIG thank you, Tony. I can't wait to read it from cover to cover this evening. It looks as mouthwatering as ever. :D

In the meantime, I am going to write a cheque for two Enid Blyton Day 2012 tickets. You should get it tomorrow, Tony! :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

I just have a question about the password used on the E.B.S. site (apart from this forum). As most will know, this password is derived by a method such as "the first word on p. so-and-so of the current Journal".
     I'm just wondering exactly when the password changes, and how you know when it changes. Given that people will receive the new Journal at different times, there might be people who have trouble accessing parts of the site until their copy arrives.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Just tucking into a hearty bowl of home made soup and Anitas put-em-right article in our new journal-this is the life! :D :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

MJE wrote: I just have a question about the password used on the E.B.S. site (apart from this forum). As most will know, this password is derived by a method such as "the first word on p. so-and-so of the current Journal".
I'm just wondering exactly when the password changes, and how you know when it changes. Given that people will receive the new Journal at different times, there might be people who have trouble accessing parts of the site until their copy arrives.

Regards, Michael.
The password usually changes quite some time after the latest journal has been received by all. The change is notified (at least this where I see it) when you try to read the serial story, as you need to use it each time you want to read it.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

pete9012S wrote:Just tucking into a hearty bowl of home made soup and Anitas put-em-right article in our new journal-this is the life! :D :D
Funnily enough, someone in The Put-Em-Rights gets a bowl of home-made soup thrown all over them - though I didn't mention that in the article! :lol: :wink:

The Journal is always a treat and it's wonderful to see the rough artwork by Georgina Hargreaves (middle pages) for two W.H.Smith cassettes which may not have materialised. I love her work for the Faraway Tree and Wishing-Chair deluxe books and it's great to see the same characters in a more sketchy form, not yet fully fleshed out. Lovely details and use of colour, and we can get an idea of what the finished cassette cases might have looked like from the published Faraway Tree ones pictured on the back of the Journal. It'll be interesting to see Georgina in action at the Enid Blyton Day in May!

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

My copy has also arrived and I can only echo others in saying that it looks, as it always does, simply marvellous. I've just read Anita's article and the editorial for now; the major portion is reserved for my lazy Sunday afternoon off. Another big thank you to Tony though for putting it together again. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

I guess, since I'm about as distant from England as it's possible to be while still being in this world, my copy will be one of the later ones to arrive. But are they sent by air-mail? If so, I suppose it will only be a week or so anyway.
     Wish I could get a complete set of back copies, although I suppose that would be almost impossible. I do look on eBay from time to time.
     I'm also interested in getting all the "Green Hedges" copies.
     And has anyone heard of "The Enid Blyton Book & Ephemera Collectors' Society"? I picked up a few copies of their magazine along with a couple of "Green Hedges" I managed to find. Does that Society still exist?

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

MJE wrote: ...has anyone heard of "The Enid Blyton Book & Ephemera Collectors' Society"? I picked up a few copies of their magazine along with a couple of "Green Hedges" I managed to find. Does that Society still exist?
I've heard of The Enid Blyton Book & Ephemera Collectors' Society but it hasn't existed for some years. What was their magazine like - a substantial read or more like a newsletter?

Society Member