Journal 46

What did you think of the latest Journal?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Journal 46

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sorry to hear you've been in hospital, Ming. I hope you'll soon be better.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

I have updated the journal index, both parts. This makes it easier to search for certain things, but it isn’t comprehensive as it could be.
The link: Index.

This link will expire in a few days but I can always add another. That’s the problem with free uploads.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks very much, Lenoir. It would be a good idea to get this index up somewhere on the website, though I don't know how easy that would be. For now, I've saved the updated version to my computer.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thanks for the update, Lenoir. :D I've also saved it on my computer. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Thanks also from me, I use your index frequently and have already downloaded the latest version. The only drawback from my point of view is that things such as the Adult stories are listed in alphabetical order and I always have to check out the Journals themselves to see if it should be No. 9 or 10 for the next story.
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.

Post by Lenoir »

The adult books are listed in numerical sequence in the Author index under Blyton, Enid.

I see there were two roaring 20s stories numbered no 3 but I guess no one will notice that unless they go through the index.
I'm glad it's come in useful, I haven't used it a lot myself!
Tony Summerfield

Lenoir wrote:The adult books are listed in numerical sequence in the Author index under Blyton, Enid.

I see there were two roaring 20s stories numbered no 3 but I guess no one will notice that unless they go through the index.
I'm glad it's come in useful, I haven't used it a lot myself!
I actually use the author section more than the rest, but I hadn't noticed the numbering on Enid's stories before - that will also be very useful. I did notice when I was doing No. 4 that unfortunately I had used No. 3 twice, but once something is in print there is not much you can do about it! I toyed with the idea of missing a number but decided it was better to pretend the '3' mistake hadn't happened, so in the next Journal you will be getting No. 5!
Chip
Favourite book/series: Famous Five

Post by Chip »

Thanks to Tony's kind gesture and me signing up to the society I received my copy of no 46 today so I'm going to spend some time in bed with the flu and escape from it all for a bit

Happy reading

Manflu it's the worst isn't it :cry:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Devastating! Read a Find-Outers' as well and get better soon!
Society Member
Dinah Cunningham
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series and the Famous Five
Favourite character: Everyone of the Adventure Series, George, Timmy

Post by Dinah Cunningham »

I really love Bill's Diary and like Sally I look forward to the next journals and I want to read Sea of Adventure and naturally also the others but that one I'm really looking forward.
Bill: "I don't know what to say. You're only kids — but you're the finest company of friends anyone could have. You know the meaning of loyalty already, and even if you're scared you don't give up. I'm proud to have you for my friends."
Sally
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series, Barney Rs and Find-Outers
Favourite character: Barney, Philip Mannering, Fatty and Bill Smugs

Post by Sally »

Do I recall Tony saying that he planned to put the next instalments of Bill's Diary (re the Valley of Adventure) on the Society website - when can we expect that to happen Tony? So much looking forward to it!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Yes he did say that but I think it depends on when Keith, the webmaster, is free to do it. So I would think that there is probably no firm date as yet. I'm also looking forward to it.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Sally wrote:Do I recall Tony saying that he planned to put the next instalments of Bill's Diary (re the Valley of Adventure) on the Society website - when can we expect that to happen Tony? So much looking forward to it!
I haven't actually even got it yet, Sally, Terry is still 'refining' it. When I do get it, as Lucky Star says, it rather depends on when Keith can find the time to add it. He has promised that the new serial will start on Monday.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I've just realised I had a dream last night where I received Journal 45, and Journal 46 fell out of the middle when I opened it up! This was all muddled in with the plumbing work I'm due to have carried out in a few weeks time (to the house, not me!).
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote:
Sally wrote:Do I recall Tony saying that he planned to put the next instalments of Bill's Diary (re the Valley of Adventure) on the Society website - when can we expect that to happen Tony? So much looking forward to it!
I haven't actually even got it yet, Sally, Terry is still 'refining' it. When I do get it, as Lucky Star says, it rather depends on when Keith can find the time to add it. He has promised that the new serial will start on Monday.
Which Monday is that? :?
Society Member