Journal 45

What did you think of the latest Journal?
shadow
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery / Mary Pollock / Adventure Series
Favourite character: Kiki / Loony

Re: Journal 45

Post by shadow »

Welcome back Rob from me too.

I too have really enjoyed the Mary Pollock reviews as I seem to be one of the few on the forums who read these as a child. I would just like to add that I had these books as a two in one collection that came out in the late 50's. I would heartily recommend that if anyone wants to read these stories that they could buy the three compilation books Dog Stories, Adventure Stories and Mystery Stories as these seem to be available quite cheaply on ebay. They are all listed as Enid Blyton being the author and it was only when looking through the cave that I realised that my battered copies where originally published under another name. I did start to look to getting these stories with Mary Pollock listed as the author on the cover but decided I didn't have anough money for that. :(
If I could live here on this secret island always and always and always, and never grow up at all, I would be quite happy
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

The “writing for children” article by Enid Blyton was interesting. I suppose modern authors face competition not just from television and radio, but the internet as well.

"Smuggler Ben" sounds good. A book I haven’t read yet. The Mary Pollock books don’t seem to come up in second hand shops here.

I enjoyed the 2 articles by W. Ferguson and Anita about how Enid inspired them to form their own clubs. I never went as far as doing that myself, but I do remember that my sister’s friend, who was a boarder at the school they both attended, went up into the tower there one evening and flashed a torch. My sister and I stood in our back yard from where we had a distant view of the school tower, and watched out for the signalling!
Kristina
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five and The Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: George, Timmy and Loony

Post by Kristina »

This is the first Journal that I have read and I absolutely love it! I have wanted to join the Enid Blyton Society for ages and now that I've finally settled down in one place after moving around quite a lot in the past four years, the first thing I did was become a member - and I'm very very glad that I did! I only got it in the mail today and just couldn't stop reading it - I'm glad to find so many people who like Enid Blyton as much as I do!
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Kristina wrote:I'm glad to find so many people who like Enid Blyton as much as I do!
It's a great feeling isn't it to know that there are plenty of other people who share an interest. :D
Society Member