The Enid Blyton Storybook

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

The Enid Blyton Storybook

Post by pete9012S »

ImageImage

This looks like a good collection of stories.Many thanks to Anita for helping me to find out more about it.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: The Enid Blyton Storybook

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I've just located my copy, which was on the back row of a double row of books in a bookcase with a box of DVDs in front of it. Phew! It cost me 49 p from a charity shop.

It's an excellent collection of stories which were taken from some of the Arthur Barker Bedside Books. The first story, 'It Happened So Quickly', is very dramatic and I'd have loved it as a child. The second, 'The Peculiar Horse', mentions Mr. Galliano's Circus. Other favourites of mine are 'Just One Thing After Another!', 'The Day of the Party', 'Where's My Bicycle?', 'Mr. Stamp-About Loses His Temper', 'One Dark Night', 'She Forgot to Say Thank You!', 'Next-Door James', 'As Clever as Magic!', 'That Garden Gate', 'Whiskery Fingers', 'Lost in the Fog' and 'One Thing After Another' (funny how that title is so similar to 'Just One Thing After Another!'). Alarming cautionary tales are my favourite sort. I also like stories which are adventurous, heartwarming or humorous.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member