Noddy SOFT COVER information needed please

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
selsong

Noddy SOFT COVER information needed please

Post by selsong »

HI there
I am in South Africa and have just bought a copy of Noddy and the Bunkey, but it is a soft cover version which I have never come across before. I have never seen a Noddy book that is not a hard cover version. Also, all the Noddy books I have are numbered but this is not, and there is no writing on the spine. It DOES have Golly on the cover

It has the legend :
LONDON
Sampson Low, Marston & Co., LTD.
and Richards Press LTD.

I could supply pics of needed, but I am curious to know if anyone out there has any info on when and where these soft cover books were made? Are they collectible?

Thank in advance

Selwyn
Katharine

Re: Noddy SOFT COVER information needed please

Post by Katharine »

I've got one or two in that style as well. I can't put my hand on them at the moment, but I think one of them is Noddy Gets Into Trouble.

I think it's one I had since childhood, if so I think it would have been published in the 1970s.
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I've got a couple as well. Priced at 35p, would probably make them 70s as you said Katherine. They are no doubt not as collectible as the original hard backs with dust jackets but there may be someone out there who longs to have a full set!

(You can see one of my paperbacks here https://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/201 ... noddy-book" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

I have a few soft-cover Noddy books - which again are from the 1970's. I remember they came in a set together - about five or six in a set - which I had as a child.
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member