What Enid Blyton book have you recently bought?

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

What Enid Blyton book have you recently bought?

Post by 7upromana01 »

Which book have you recently purchased or been given? I bought some at the day so I will show them and my mum bought me one yesterday. I'll give you the links:

1970 cover:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... stery+Moor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1970 cover:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... Into+a+Fix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1970 cover and 1978 cover:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... iston+Farm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1987 cover:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... %27s+Rocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: What Enid Blyton book have you recently bought?

Post by Fiona1986 »

I've been on a bit of an eBay binge recently... I've bought the Sixth, Eighth, Eleventh and Twelfth Holiday Books, Hello Mr Twiddle and Well Really, Mr Twiddle. (I also got Party Frock by Noel Streatfield). I narrowly missed out on Banshee Towers as I was outbid.

At the EB Day I had bought A Book of Naughty Children, Merry Mr Meddle, Naughty Amelia Jane, The Red Spotted Handkerchief and Josie, Click and Bun Again.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I really should tale a look at Mr Twiddle and Mr Meddle, having never read them. I have just bought and read The Family at Red-Roofs, not having read it before, I found it to be a really good story.
Society Member
lilyrose1599
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/Adventure series/Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Julian & George Kirrin, Dinah, Fatty

Post by lilyrose1599 »

I bought a copy of Come to the Circus from eBay, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Looking forward to reading it. :)

Mu'minah
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

I bought today:

1971 cover:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... hing-Chair" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1971 cover:
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... anted+Wood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

At the Enid Blyton Day I bought Humpty Dumpty and Belinda. I've just finished reading it and thought it a lovely little story. I also bought the Playways Annual which contains The Very Big Secret in. As an adult I could pick all sorts of holes in the story, but as it was obviously intended for a much younger reader I could see the appeal it would have to it's intended audience. I shall read it to my 6 year old and see if she enjoys it.
Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

My Grandad bought me The Mysteries collection omnibus quite recently. If I could insert a picture I would but I'm not as clever as all you computer experts!!!
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

I got the 1952 version of this last week :D

& a dj'd first of Demons Rocks too.
aminmec
Favourite book/series: Family at RedRoofs , Five go down to the sea
Favourite character: Amelia Jane , Bumpy Dog .

Post by aminmec »

I bought Ten Minute tales dragon vintage edition yesterday . Funny cover drawing.
Also bought -The Pantomime cat -Mammoth dark blue cover -90s edition.I always admired this edition as the look of the book is very smart with red spines and Mystery printed in large white.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Poppy Hutchinson wrote:My Grandad bought me The Mysteries collection omnibus quite recently. If I could insert a picture I would but I'm not as clever as all you computer experts!!!
No need, old thing. Just point people to THIS.
Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Thanks Moonraker. I've still no idea how you do it though! :?
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Sally
Favourite book/series: Adventure Series, Barney Rs and Find-Outers
Favourite character: Barney, Philip Mannering, Fatty and Bill Smugs

Post by Sally »

Both Julie and I were searching at the EB day for a copy of Those Dreadful Children, our appetites having been whetted by the excellent review in the last journal - neither of us had read it. We have both subsequently bought copies on Ebay, although I am yet to start mine. Currently re-reading A Woman of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford which will take up some time!

I bought at th EB Day The Children of Cherry Tree Farm and its follow up, but have only just started the first. I found it a bit hard going because it is really for very young children, (even young than us!) and doesn't seem to have a real story other than background on the various animals being collected. Maybe that is to come. I much preferred the Six Cousins books which remain two of my favourites.

I may have to reread in the summer the Adventure series again - the call of the Island of Adventure. Do any other fans find they want to read stories which were set in the current season? It always seems more appealing to me.
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

I added 2 more Famous Fives with DJ to my collection, but it is not complete as I see that I still need better / older versions of 2 of the books with dustjackets. I have some nice vintage copies but without the wrappers and my goal is a full set with wrappers.
Zar Quon

Post by Zar Quon »

Poppy Hutchinson wrote:Thanks Moonraker. I've still no idea how you do it though! :?
(url=http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... Collection)this(/url)

only with square brackets [ & ]

:)
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Yes, as Sally says, we were both looking for a copy of the book Those Dreadful Children, and have been lucky enough to find them on EBAY. I have just finished reading my 1952 copy, and it was absolutely fabulous. I just couldn't put it down until I read it from cover to cover. What a great book, and as usual, Enid's teaching comes into force as to how children should behave, what is right and what is wrong, and guides both sets of youngsters through. Another great book that I missed as a child but thoroughly enjoyed reading even as an adult. It was well worth the £1 paid for my hardback copy with £2.50 postage. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member