St. James's Church, Piccadilly

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: St. James's Church, Piccadilly

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Moonraker wrote:Good photos although I couldn't see any statues in Tony's photo. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place...
I thought you were talking about the photo of Tony, but I've just realised you meant the photo put up by Tony (of Gillian's wedding). The statues of the two figures on dolphins are partially visible behind Kenneth Darrell Waters and other members of the wedding party.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I don't think the group wedding photo that Tony posted includes the "cheeky statue" that Anita referred to in her original post (or if it's there, it's behind the group). Not that the statue itself is that objectionable, it's just that its nether regions unfortunately got included next to Enid in another photo (the close-up in the first post)... :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Thanks for your original fascinating post, Anita. It was great to be reminded of that hilarious discussion back in 2013 over that photograph of Enid and that statue!! :lol: :lol: It's funny that the statue is still there to this day and great to see other statues in photos from the modern day as a contrast to photos taken when Enid was alive.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Good photos although I couldn't see any statues in Tony's photo. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place...
I thought you were talking about the photo of Tony, but I've just realised you meant the photo put up by Tony (of Gillian's wedding). The statues of the two figures on dolphins are partially visible behind Kenneth Darrell Waters and other members of the wedding party.
Thanks, Anita - I did indeed meant that! I have now spotted the statue - that was harder than a Where's Wally puzzle! :D
Society Member