Photos of Enid

Use this forum to discuss the author herself.
peter
Favourite book/series: famous five
Favourite character: george,fatty,snubby

Photos of Enid

Post by peter »

I was wondering why we never seem to see photos of enid when she got older,she certainly doesnt look in her late 60,is it because she didnt want them to be seen,or maybe i havent reserched enough and there are photos of har out there.
"You cant help being an only child. they"re always a bit odd,you know,unless they"re mighty careful.
Moonraker

Re: photos of enid

Post by Moonraker »

There are quite a few photos of Enid and her family in the Secret Passage, but you will have to subscribe to the Journal to see those, Peter! Otherwise, Google "Enid Blyton" and click on images. :D
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

When I googled 'Enid Blyton' the first thing to show up was The Enid Blyton Society :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

There are several photos also to be found in the books Enid Blyton by Barbara Stoney and A Childhood at Green Hedges by Imogen Smallwood. Well worth reading, both of them.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:When I googled 'Enid Blyton' the first thing to show up was The Enid Blyton Society :D

8)
Your computer does some funny things, Julie, we have never been above either Wikipedia or enidblyton.net and we aren't now, we are in position 4 which is our normal place! :lol:
Tony Summerfield

peter wrote:I was wondering why we never seem to see photos of enid when she got older,she certainly doesnt look in her late 60,is it because she didnt want them to be seen,or maybe i havent reserched enough and there are photos of har out there.
You have a good point, Peter. I can only recall the one photo (two on one page) of an elderly Enid, and that is in Imogen Smallwood's book, 'A Childhood at Green Hedges'. It was taken at Imogen's wedding in 1967 when Enid was 70, a year before she died.
peter
Favourite book/series: famous five
Favourite character: george,fatty,snubby

Post by peter »

Thankyou for your suggestion to look at the photos,i got my journal today so i just looked,but there are no photos from the 6os,
"You cant help being an only child. they"re always a bit odd,you know,unless they"re mighty careful.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote:
Julie2owlsdene wrote:When I googled 'Enid Blyton' the first thing to show up was The Enid Blyton Society :D

8)
Your computer does some funny things, Julie, we have never been above either Wikipedia or enidblyton.net and we aren't now, we are in position 4 which is our normal place! :lol:
Yes, when I Googled "Enid Blyton", we came up first too, Julie!
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Tony Summerfield wrote: Your computer does some funny things, Julie, we have never been above either Wikipedia or enidblyton.net and we aren't now, we are in position 4 which is our normal place! :lol:
You're right, Tony. Only when I use this computer it goes crazy. I keep getting the blame for it crashing and not responding etc. My other half has no trouble at all. :evil:

I just did the Enid Blyton google again, and this time the Society was 4th down the list. I prefered to see it at the top when I first did it. :D

8)

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

I have just done it again and we are still fourth - are you two using a different Google! :lol:
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I've just Googled Enid Blyton and the society is fifth in the list on my computer after Wikipedia, two enidblyton.nets and books.google.co.uk! :?
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Eddie Muir wrote:I've just Googled Enid Blyton and the society is fifth in the list on my computer after Wikipedia, two enidblyton.nets and books.google.co.uk! :?
Same here Eddie although strictly speaking I think the two entries for enidblyton.net should be classed as one since they both lead o the same site. That puts us fourth.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Just tried it now, and we are in first and second position!

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,010,000 for "Enid Blyton". (0.32 seconds)
Sponsored Links

Search Results

The Enid Blyton Society
Letters from Bundle and Cosy & Enid Blyton (Sunday Dispatch) ... Subscribe to The Enid Blyton Society Journal and receive three Journals (starting with the ...
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/shop.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 32k - Cached - Similar pages -
The Enid Blyton Society
The Enid Blyton Society was formed in early 1995 and its aim is to provide a focal point for collectors and enthusiasts of Enid Blyton through its magazine, ...
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 12k - Cached - Similar pages -

Enid Blyton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enid Blyton was a prolific author of short stories. These were first published, for the most part, in Sunny Stories, an Enid Blyton magazine, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enid_Blyton - 76k - Cached - Similar pages -
Books by Enid Blyton
The Magic Faraway Tree - 2007 - 224 pages
Five Go to Mystery Moor - 1997 - 304 pages
The Secret Seven - 1997 - 127 pages
books.google.co.uk - More book results »
Enid Blyton - Lashings of information about the children's author
Enid Blyton wrote many popular series including the Famous Five, the Five Find-Outers, the Barney Mysteries, Malory Towers, St Clare's, the Secret Seven, ...
The Famous Five - The Secret Seven - Buy Enid Blyton Books
http://www.enidblyton.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 17k - Cached - Similar pages -
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

What Google are you using, Nigel? Here's what I got.

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,040,000 for enid blyton. (0.05 seconds)
Search Results

Enid Blyton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enid Blyton was a prolific author of short stories. These were first published, for the most part, in Sunny Stories, an Enid Blyton magazine, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enid_Blyton - 76k - Cached - Similar pages
List of books by Enid Blyton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
29 Jan 2009 ... Enid Blyton's Annual, illustrated by Gilbert Dunlop; Ninth Bedside Book · Bom and His Magic Drumstick · Brer Rabbit Funtime Adventures ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_books_by_Enid_Blyton - 181k - Cached - Similar pages
Enid Blyton - Lashings of information about the children's author
Enid Blyton wrote many popular series including the Famous Five, the Five Find-Outers, the Barney Mysteries, Malory Towers, St Clare's, the Secret Seven, ...
http://www.enidblyton.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
Enid Blyton - The Famous Five
The Famous Five are a group of children who have the sort of adventures most kids dream about, in a world where ginger beer flows and ham rolls are a staple ...
http://www.enidblyton.net/famous-five/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
Video results for enid blyton
The Enid Blyton Story - Part 1
3 min 55 sec
http://www.youtube.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enid Blyton - children's development and ...
3 min 44 sec
video.google.com
Books by Enid Blyton
The Magic Faraway Tree - 2007 - 224 pages
Five Go to Mystery Moor - 1997 - 304 pages
The Secret Seven - 1997 - 127 pages
books.google.com - More book results »
Enid Blyton
Enid Blyton was born in London, in a small flat above a shop in East Dulwich. She was the eldest of three children. Her father, Thomas Carey Blyton, ...
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/eblyton.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
The Enid Blyton Society
The Enid Blyton Society was formed in early 1995 and its aim is to provide a focal point for collectors and enthusiasts of Enid Blyton through its magazine, ...
http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

Enid Blyton
A bibliography of Enid Blyton's books, with the latest releases, covers, descriptions and availability.
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/enid-blyton/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - 113k - Cached - Similar pages

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

This is strange. I've just googled Enid Blyton and the Society came 1st and 2nd, and then there was something about Enid Blyton Fiction. But I tried to copy it all to post it but couldn't. (Not clever enough :oops: )

8)

Society Member