Continuity error?!

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Continuity error?!

Post by IceMaiden »

I've just been watching the 90's five on a treasure island, and in the bit where the wreck is lifted onto the rocks, the children's clothes change completely between them standing looking at the wreck and walking over to it! :shock: Was this done on purpose or was it a continuity error? If so, how on earth did nobody realise they had on a totally different style and colour of jumper?! George might possibly have left a cardigan for herself on the island, but the others had never been there up to that point so could hardly have had spare clothing there :lol: .
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Continuity error?!

Post by Fiona1986 »

Yes, my sister and I noticed this when it was first aired and often talked of the 'magical clothes-changing rock'. You just have to walk behind it and come out in an entirely different outfit!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Continuity error?!

Post by Courtenay »

Oh dear, I'm glad I'd swallowed my mouthful of tea just before I read the above, or I'd have sprayed it everywhere laughing!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)