German "Famous Five" Films

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Soenke Rahn

Re: German "Famous Five" film in 2012

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Now is the third film in production, but it seems to be complicated ... http://108500.forumromanum.com/member/f ... onsearch=1
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Now there is a page on the German Fanpage to it: http://www.fuenffreundefanpage.at/de_film-3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Very interesting Soenke. Thanks.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

The second German Famous Five film is available on DVD by now. And next week the third Hanni and Nanni film will also be available.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Maybe the third will be something for my shopping cart

Here the trailer to Famous Five 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq99gCGIoiw I would say to much Adventure Series and not really Famous Five. The Label goes down in my mind. :-(
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I watched the trailers for the three films last night, but of course I didn't understand a word. I would like to see the films but until someone decides that subtitles might be an idea it looks as if I won't get the chance. :cry:
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Time will see, Tony, time will see.
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I watched the trailers for the three films last night, but of course I didn't understand a word. I would like to see the films but until someone decides that subtitles might be an idea it looks as if I won't get the chance. :cry:
The first Film was really nice, with interesting elements, especially to see the little Kirrin was fantastic for me. ;-) It would be not the problem to watch the first film without subtitles. You can use the chapter function and you can read the wikipedia article on each chapter ;-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Five_%28film%29 A little bit an Italian Opera, but especially the end of the film is understandable without to understand German. The second was not really rund = "round" for me. :D Maybe with a dubbing could be bugfixed here and there something.
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Not having seen the first film, but having watched the second one yesterday, it would be unfair to say which of the two was better or rounder in terms of the characters.

However, the DVD of Fünf Freunde 2 has English subtitles... ;-)
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

I'll check that out when my copy arrives.
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Dick Kirrin wrote:Not having seen the first film, but having watched the second one yesterday, it would be unfair to say which of the two was better or rounder in terms of the characters.

However, the DVD of Fünf Freunde 2 has English subtitles... ;-)
Yes, the seconds owns subtitles! Interesting, but unfair is it not, if I say that, because I saw both. ;-)
The kids making a good job on both films, but the second was strange for me on a lot of passages I have on my mind and I saw the film one time. The biggest strange think is the character Rooky, which seems to be changed in the production process, because there are logical problems. Hardy means he was his friend, but it is so clear that he speaks in scornfulness in generall and so on. His acting is clear incompatible to such relation. Later the really bright scene after the possible dead of Timmy, where Anne owns Wunderkind ear and says correct each note perfectly to Rooky which should not knows it because he owns not the ear and can not play piano, but Anne says anything whitout reasons ... And in this minute Rooky knows the riddle to the entrance of the hill, which seems to be famous and the entrance seems to be very good visible ... So I suppose the first idea was to make a very intelligent Rooky, but it was changed to an not intelligent one so that Anne was important, but this is not round for me and so on. (The actor is really good saw him other film but ...) Not important but a little thing of style is that the scene with Timmy is to bright for me. There is a big contrast between George is thinking that Timmy is dead and the picture. I suppose the scene would works better in parts in darkness --- but this was not really a mistake. I will not name each strangeness for me, but there are a lot and I suppose I would not have enough fingers to count it. --- Ok, I will count. ;-) --- A little bit later: Ok, I have counted round about 8 in my mind. --- The storyboard of film one is very good made each cogwheel works with the other cogwheel together, a perfect picture. There are also a mistake but not really bad, not really to see for the viewer. The conservationist do not owns really a face, because the logic of the cuts, ;-) and such mistake is a nice touch for me but the film is very good. :-) Maybe the reason that I think that the second is not round is, that I saw the first before. Maybe anybody should see first the second film and this is the better way.
Last edited by Soenke Rahn on 09 Oct 2013, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Wolfgang wrote:I'll check that out when my copy arrives.
I have not ordered it, but this will not mean that I will not order it in the future, but I do not think in the next year, maybe in two. As a video it is a good film, but it was nothing for me for a visit in the cinema, so that the soonest date for watching number three, will be the video release, I suppose.
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Soenke, I was referring to myself, who would not be a fair critic of a film I haven't watched so far. Sorry if that remark wasn't clear. :oops:

The thing with Anne being perfect about the tune played on the piano and notes featuring in it is not too bad to me. Rooky may be cunning, calculating and clever in terms of logic, which does not necessarily mean he has the Wunderkind ear...
The scene with Timmy being shot would really work better in the dark - and if they had used a pistol. It is very hard to drop a revolver (without the hammer being cocked) so that a shot goes off just by dropping the gun. Don't think that matters as hardly anbody watching the film will know much about firearms... but as we were counting. :wink:

A person who has just a few - or no - friends might be mistaken and misguided about the meaning of friendship and Rooky might have been clever enough to use that - so I think they wanted to show how much of a lonely child poor Hardy is in that scene.
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Dick Kirrin wrote:Soenke, I was referring to myself, who would not be a fair critic of a film I haven't watched so far. Sorry if that remark wasn't clear. :oops:
Ohhh, yes. :-)
The thing with Anne being perfect about the tune played on the piano and notes featuring in it is not too bad to me. Rooky may be cunning, calculating and clever in terms of logic, which does not necessarily mean he has the Wunderkind ear...
Maybe, but that the performance of Anne flows not really for me; to less horror in her eyes and not sense that she says the truth and if why is not after it a topic like in other FF stories. Julian says nothing also not you were in horror and so on. But I think it would work better with a actor like Götz Alsmann, which would be smart, intelligent, plays piano and is not impossible to give friendship or Ulrich Tukur etc. Is to shifty and clear to bad for me, so that maybe a character which would have not problems, that he kicks other people would seek friendship on his side. Maybe Hardy as a character like Bart Simpson would be the lowest limit, but I think with a smart character and other actor like Götz Alsmann, it would flow really. I suppose there was an difference between the view of the scriptwritters and casting and made this job because to enlarge her activities, so that she is not to passive, but this is often a problem in the stories. really important are only two persons, to describing a situation. :-) But I see no problem if Anne is sometimes more passive, beside that some people seeing a weakness in Enid Blytons storyboards ... or the FSK. I don't know. A bit question mark for me.

Yes the gun, highly improbable, that it would shot ... Here and there a gap ok, but the first Film was without gaps or few I would say. Maybe if they make a film number 4, they make it better again.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

There's a different trailer for the third film available http://www.kino.de/kinofilm/fuenf-freun ... ent-critic. It's longer than the one linked on the Fünf Freunde Homepage.