New Zealand Adventure/Secret Series

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Kirrin

New Zealand Adventure/Secret Series

Post by Kirrin »

Does anyone know where to buy the New Zealand Secret Series on dvd or video id like to see it again I dont think I saw the adventure 1 is that any good or is the castle of adventure english film better? I havnt a clue!
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

A good friend of mine was selling the videos - they were not easy to get hold of.
I'll email her and ask if she has yet sold them.

Also try Ebay and look for worldwide, they occassionally pop up.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Kirrin

Post by Kirrin »

oh great thanks!
blytonseeker

Post by blytonseeker »

You can only buy the secret series in dutch.....they are on dvd

You cannot get the 8 movies of the adventure series at all. They very rarely come up for sale on ebay and if they do they are individual films and not all eight.

I like the UK Castle of Adventure....but I did enjoy Cloud 9s versions...possibly because I haven't read the books.

I do have all eight movies on video but sadly they are not for sale.
I did have them professionally transferred to dvd so I could keep them forever..

I also have all five secret series movies....they have never been released in the uk....

Kirrin you are more than welcome to contact me by e-mail with regards to what you are missing blytonseeker@aol.com
ingots

Re: New Zealand Adventure/Secret Series

Post by ingots »

The Enid Blyton Adventure series by Cloud 9 was shot, produced and edited in Wellington New Zealand and all the child stars are Kiwis.

The island used in the pilot episode is in fact Kapiti Island about 45mins north of Wellington on the west coast.

It's our very own Kirrin Island now a sanctury for endangered birds and like the Famous Five the crossing to Kapiti can be quite treacherous sometimes!

Marc xx
"Dick he said"
"He didn't mean YOU!"
--Five On A Hike Together--
Jeffery Greyling
Favourite book/series: Secret Mountain, V. of Adventure, FF and Barney M.

Re: Australian adventure/secret series

Post by Jeffery Greyling »

Something very strange happened to me today! I searched on Ebay for the Adventure series on video (for the first time), and I found a couple of the vids for sale, (auction or buy-it-now)along with something else. The seller adn't shown how much I'd have to pay for shipping, so I messaged and asked. I didn't get one back, but when I checked two hours later, someone had bought it! You can view them here
"I gave half a crown to a beggar because I saw him yawn; he was a fellow-sufferer."
(The Thirty-nine Steps)
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

They are so rare unfortunatly that as soon as they appear they are snapped up. I have seen a couple of clips at the EBS Days in Twyford but have never seen any of the films in their entirety.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

I have just noticed these on sale on the UK ebay site. A must for all those of the black eyepatch and parrot-on-shoulder persuasion. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Enid-Blyton-Adven ... 286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Ohhh ARRRRR!

Since when was Kiki a Cockatoo??? :shock:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Adventure Series on DVD

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Apparently the Adventure Series that was filmed by Cloud 9 has been released on DVD in Australia and New Zealand and somebody very kindly sent me the following link:-

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/Product/P ... /DAVID2101

These eight films were released on video in both Australia and New Zealand, but they have not been easy (or cheap!) to get hold of in the UK. I am not sure if Umbrella will sell to the UK, but I wouldn't think that the DVDs will be released over here, so if you are interested in buying them do tell us if you were successful!
Lucky Star

Re: Adventure Series on DVD

Post by Lucky Star »

I'm afraid I'm all out of money at the moment but I've bookmarked the link just in case I fall into a fortune. :lol: It does look good though. I made a test purchase up until the payment part and it was quoting me $AUD 50.98 which is about £32.00 Sterling. So not that bad really provided they will ship to the UK.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I'm sure we have a video somewhere in the loft that we bought for Sarah when she was young. I think it must have been from this series, I remember, Brian Blessed being in it and the fox. Was that one Castle of Adventure?

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Post by RDMorrell »

Thanks for the heads-up about this, Tony! :D I've looked on one of my favourite NZ sites, Mighty Ape, and it's listed on there:

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/DVD/ ... t/9196740/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure whether they do overseas shipping though. Another New Zealand site called Fishpond gives the release date as 8 December (so it only came out a week ago in NZ!). However, they don't currently have it in stock.

UPDATE: Looks like Mighty Ape doesn't have it in stock either. :( After initially giving its status as shipping within 48 hours, they've now changed it to a "special order" that ships within 2-4 weeks! Other NZ sites don't have it at all. I checked one of my favourite Australian sites, Family Box Office (fbo.com.au), and it's not listed on there either.

So right now, it's actually not that easy to get hold of, even Down Under!
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero
Aussie Sue
Favourite book/series: Secret Island, Faraway Tree & FindOuter Series

Post by Aussie Sue »

ABC shops in Australia will send this DVD internationally. Here is the link to their online shop.
http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.a ... tid=794032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheers
Aussie Sue
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

The person who emailed me about this (who I don't know) is actually from New Zealand, Rowan, and he walked into a shop and bought it on December 8th - so it should be available to you. It may not be quite as easy for us in the UK! :roll: