Jenny Thanisch Yahoo Group

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Re: Jenny Thanisch Yahoo Group

Post by daanton »

number 6 wrote:To be honest, the group had been run down for a very long time & was on the verge of collapsing anyway! Hardly any posts were made at all. I think there were only a dozen posts in a year, & the majority of those weren't worthwhile contributions! I feel that the group has run its course & should be allowed to drift out of existence. :D
So, indeed, as I mentioned earlier, download much whatever you can and then opt out of the group.

On a fairly unrelated note, I had recently come across a Facebok page devoted to FAMOUS FIVE's Julian Kirrin. In its photo gallery are a few book illustrations, a few pics (then and now) of Marco Williamson, but mostly pics (then and now) of Marcus Harris.
Famous Five TV Fan
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

pete9012S wrote:A good post Michael.
On a totally separate note, are you still looking for original Secret Seven books?
I think you mentioned it on the forums ages ago.
If so,there are eleven for sale on ebay here:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... =10&t=6554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
     Thanks, Pete - yes, you are right: I am looking for them. Well, I do have them now - but they are pretty tatty copies - so I am interested.
     I did see that, and am considering it.
Thanks for letting me know.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Gary Russell wrote:
Jack400 wrote:Yes, I'll not pursue this- I had thought that it would be best if someone that actually cares about Jennifer took control of a site that has been taken over by spammers. I, and I'm sure many others, had no idea our respectful interest was causing offence.
Never said "offence" she just finds it a bit weird that people talk about her and have pictures of her etc from when she was 14 years old. Some actors have no problems with such things, others do. That's life.
Without question it's strange. And it's not fair that there exits only a Yahoo-Group to her and not to Gary Russel. ;-) Sometimes it is strange what happened in the world. But maybe one reason could be that the imd-entry of her is not complete. ;-) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0857039/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; However, this Group spams my e-mail-account untill yet with that garbage, but however, before that garbage, I never got interesting newer posts from the group, since .... 2014, 2013, 2012 .... Mmmmmm. Redundancy ---- I suppose the Enid Blyton Forum is more interesting. ;-) But I am to lazy to unsubscribe. :-(
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Petermax wrote:I would also love to leave the group judging by what I have recently read but unfortunately lost my Yahoo login details many moons ago. :lol:
So, I am not the only one. I hope your Spamfilter works so good like mine. :-)
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

The spam is still going on, but it's only to find, if I look im my spam-folder. :D
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

I have looked into my mailbox into the spam-section. There is new Spam of this group. So it is going on. But this is not so important, because it is in the spam section my mailbox and so on.
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

I suppose I can not login into the group because my yahoo-group account seems to be deactivated, but If I look into the group the last spam was placed there on Nov 15, 2016.
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Gary Russell wrote:I suspect Jennifer herself would be delighted if the Yahoo group wasn't active anymore cos I know she finds the whole idea a tad...weird...
On the 15th December Yahoo is closing the group permanently. They emailed me earlier although my membership has expired due to inactivity. Probably for the best given the problem of spammers.
Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

I thought it was December last year that Yahoo groups closed.
Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

Yahoo groups still work (or used to), Michael. They just cut off lots of functions last year. Unfortunately I did only receive a fracture of emails about this last year, and the emails weren't in the SPAM folder.
I haven' t received any emails closing yahoo groups concerning the groups I'm member of so far.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

MJE wrote:     I thought it was December last year that Yahoo groups closed.
Not according to the email I received, from themMJE.
Society Member