Famous Five 90s Series

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Re: Famous Five 90s Series

Post by IceMaiden »

Wolfgang wrote:Maybe you're able to download the necessary drivers and other software from the homepage of the producer, IceMaiden?
Sadly not, my poor brother spent an hour or more trying link after link to get the right drivers and not one of them worked, not even the ones off the producer's own page.

However I finally managed to win a DVD recorder for £10 on eBay last night and when it arrives I am going to attempt to connect that to the video player instead. I've done that before and successfully copied a video, fingers crossed it works this time as well!
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

I will soon be able to continue watching the 1990's Famous Five TV series, my DVD Player, has been fixed, and will hopefully be returned to me on Wednesday.
Society Member
Deej92
Favourite book/series: Five Get into Trouble (Famous Five)
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Deej92 »

Glad your DVD player has been fixed, Billy Farmer. Hope you'll be able to continue watching soon. :)
IceMaiden

Post by IceMaiden »

I haven't forgotten about this, the DVD recorder showed up and seems fine, but it didn't have a remote so it wouldn't do anything! Am just waiting for a remote to arrive and fingers crossed it works and I can finally get this DVD done :P .
Society Member

number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

I've never seen the 90's series, apart from viewing the odd clip here & there on YouTube. I really must make the effort to sit down & watch it one day! :?
Deej92

Post by Deej92 »

I'd definitely recommend it, Number 6. It's the best series for me. You can catch every episode on You Tube and on DVD (well seemingly with the exception of Smuggler's Top). :)
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

On your recommendation, Deej92, I'll definitely begin watching it this weekend! However, after being weaned on the 70's version, I hope I don't start to compare it to the 90's series after the first episode! :?
Deej92

Post by Deej92 »

I'm glad you're going to watch it, number 6. The 90s series is very different to the 70s series in my mind. Having watched both, I've always preferred the 90s series but I guess that's subjective :)
IceMaiden

Post by IceMaiden »

I have finally managed to copy Smuggler's Top to a DVD :P . I've also tried to copy it to the computer to put on YouTube, but for some reason the computer is only copying the first 20 minutes :? . After repeated attempts I've admitted defeat, unfortunately I cannot put this on YouTube, but I am happy to make other copies on a DVD and post them to anyone that wants a copy.

The copy I have done has come out pretty good, a few flickers in the first seconds and a couple of frozen spots where the picture stops but the sound keeps going :lol: . However it's only for a couple of seconds and I would say it's about 98% watchable overall. Sadly it looks like time has got to the video in those certain spots, though I suppose it's lucky it's come out as well as it has so I'm not complaining too much! :)
Society Member

Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

IceMaiden wrote:
The copy I have done has come out pretty good, a few flickers in the first seconds and a couple of frozen spots where the picture stops but the sound keeps going :lol: .
It sounds as if I'm watching the German station "Family TV" - they use such a low rate (satelite) that this happens frequently :-(. Maybe their source-material is poor as well, I don't know.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
KEVP

Post by KEVP »

IceMaiden, I have never uploaded anything to YouTube, but I often find long things have been broken up into 20 minute "parts", so there might be "Smuggler's Top--Part 1", "Smuggler's Top--Part 2" and so on. The better ones have a couple of seconds of "overlap" to make sure nothing gets missed.
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

You can only upload a longer video if you are a paid member. Free member can only upload up to 20 minutes per video.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
sixret

Post by sixret »

I have all the episodes from both series. Like Deej, I prefer the 90s series because of the attention to period pieces.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I thought that from IceMaiden's post that the issue is getting the DVD data onto the computer rather than from the computer onto YouTube but I could be wrong.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
sixret

Post by sixret »

After second reading, I think you are correct, Fiona!