Help with story title please

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
speedy

Help with story title please

Post by speedy »

For years I've been trying to remember the name of a Brer Rabbit story. At least I think it's Brer Rabbit but it might be Brer Fox or one of the other characters in the Brer Rabbit series. All I can remember is that Brer Rabbit(I think) finds some cute baby animals in a hole in a tree. I thought the story was called Brer Rabbit and the bobcats or bobtails or something similar but I've done loads of searches online and nothing comes up. I'm sorry I'm so vague but I hope someone can help. Perhaps you know a story that sounds very similar but isn't in the Brer Rabbit series in which case please say so. Many thanks in advance :)
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Help with story title please

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Maybe you may recognise the book you're referring to with this link.

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/sear ... rer+rabbit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
tix

Post by tix »

On Feb 18th, 2015 Speedy asked:
For years I've been trying to remember the name of a Brer Rabbit story ...

In 'Brer Wolf Gets a Surprise,' five baby wild-cats (bobcats?) are found in a tree trunk by the ever-inquisitive Brer Rabbit. There's a lot of hissing and yowling and spitting and clawing and snarling in this story - one that concludes with a picture of Brer Wolf resembling an invalid. (4th Brer Rabbit Book)
speedy

Post by speedy »

Thanks very much for replies. I think tix has resolved my problem in Brer Wolf gets a surprise. I'm just about to order the 4th book anyway! For some reason I had a mental image of some really cute baby wildcats/bobcats and so assumed there must have been a picture in the book, but I don't think there is. We shall see.... :)