More Hop Skip & Jump?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
walter raleigh
Favourite book/series: 5 Fall Into Adventure/R Mysteries/Adventure Series
Favourite character: George Kirrin

More Hop Skip & Jump?

Post by walter raleigh »

I've mentioned a few times that "Book Of Brownies" is one of my favourite Blyton books and I've also got the "Uncollected Sunny Stories" issue that Tony produced, but are there any more stories about Hop, Skip and Jump, and if so where can I get hold of them?

Searching the Cave revealed this but does it contain different stories to the ones in "Book Of Brownies"? The index suggests it does but have they been reprinted more recently does anyone know?

"Stuck in a state of permanent pre-pubescence like poor Julian in the Famous Five!"

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: More Hop Skip & Jump?

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Yes, that book does contain different stories and they're imaginative and well worth a read. I've got the slightly later J. Coker edition, published in 1940, which I picked up on eBay years ago:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... p+and+Jump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know how easy it is to get hold of a copy now, or what prices are like, but good luck with your search.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
walter raleigh
Favourite book/series: 5 Fall Into Adventure/R Mysteries/Adventure Series
Favourite character: George Kirrin

Re: More Hop Skip & Jump?

Post by walter raleigh »

Thanks, very much Anita. <Sigh> Yet another probably expensive book to add to the list.

[Edit:] Well after looking at ABE and Ebay the 'Old Thatch' series don't seem too expensive. The trouble is once I've got one I'll want them all knowing me. And of course I can't find "Hop Skip And Jump" anyway. :roll:
"Stuck in a state of permanent pre-pubescence like poor Julian in the Famous Five!"

Society Member