Through the Crooked Window

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
juliemason

Through the Crooked Window

Post by juliemason »

I am looking for a book for my Mom's birthday. It was her favourite when she was a little girl in Britain in the 40's. She said the title was "Through the Crooked Window" written by Enid Blyton. I can't seem to find this title. Can anyone suggest what the title may be and where is the best place to purchase these books. I live in Ontario, Canada. Thanks for any assistance!
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Re: Through the Crooked Window

Post by Poppy »

I can't seem to find 'Through the Crooked Window' in the Cave, Julie, so I doubt it is an Enid Blyton book. There doesn't even seem to be a book under this title, according to a quick 'Google Search'. Perhaps if you get a little more information about the actual story, it may be easier to find.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
juliemason

Post by juliemason »

She was quite certain of the author, as she went into detail about how Enid Blyton was her favourite author. I wonder if she may have the name of the book incorrect.
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

She must be getting mixed up with the title. The only work of Enid's I can think of, similar to this title, were Enid's weekly articles entitled From My Window, published in Teachers World.

If you get any more information about the plot or book, itself, one of us might be able to help. Regarding the title, but not Enid Blyton, Lewis Carol's Through the Looking Glass also springs to mind.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member