Weird translation of a scene

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Adventure

Re: Weird translation of a scene

Post by Adventure »

She told that she won't give me any clues. Anyway, is my username 'Some Stupid Stranger'? That isn't funny at all, Julian. You are being very, very, very, very rude.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Will you two never stop?! :roll:

Society Member
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Dear-me! What an awful row! :lol: :shock:

Adventure, the expert is not taken from any kind of series. The book is a stand-alone novel. I doubt if you have read it... :?
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Adventure

Post by Adventure »

A mystery/adventure stand-alone?
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Post by Almas »

Umm ... yes. But the book is quite short.

I hope that you understand English - because in my message I wrote that "NO clues" allowed. Buty ou have asked me a dozen times. If I this is again, I'll have to report your post.
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

As Almas seems to have gone, I guess we'll never know.....

Here's a new one:

The five children and for the maggot their way down the drive and into the lane. The five children and the breaker made their manner below traction and in the lane. They went *' concerning; s house, and went up below the winding lane to they came to where the rustic maisonnette had been burned down. There was an extremely small wooden gateway that opened on overgrown which leads away to the rustic maisonnette. The children were below that because to go of plan, then, they hoped, nobody them would see. There was a terrible fragrance of smoke and burning still on air. It a quiet day of April, was very sunny and warm. Celandines lay everywhere in golden bladen. The children opened the wooden poort and went out overgrown. There were himself what left hope made of the working space, a ruined, black was. It a very small rustic maisonnette had been, twee-roomed once, but the separation wall had been taken by *, and when it had been arranged one large binnenwerken space there for him

The * stands for a name of a character.
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Hmm; could be one of a couple of stories...I'll plump for

The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage
Society Member
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Post by Philip Mannering »

Correct, Nigel. I'll post the original scene:

The five children and Buster made their way down the drive and into the lane. They passed Mr. Hick's house, and went on down the winding lane until they came to where the cottage had been burnt down. There was a tiny wooden gate that opened on to an over-grown path leading to the cottage. The children planned to go down that, because then, they hoped, nobody would see them.There was a horrid smell of smoke and burning still on the air. It was a still April day, very sunny and warm. Celandines lay in golden sheets everywhere. The children opened the wooden gate and went up the overgrown path. There stood what was left of the workroom, a ruined, blackened heap. It had been a very small cottage, once two-roomed, but the dividing wall had been taken down by Mr. Hick, and then there had been one big room suitable for him to work in.
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Thanks for posting that, Philip. I haven't the time at present to search out a paragraph and do the necessary, so if you wish to carry on with this, or leave it to someone else, I am happy. :D
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Reviving this!

A loud bell rang loudly from the farmhouse. The children began. "That's a mother," said Penny. "He wants us back. Well, the cake was good - but I am hungry all over again now - and I'm getting cold too. Oh, what a beautiful place to [Name of farm] Farm is - do we have the good fortune to come and live here!"

Society Member
Oscar Spain
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Julian (F.F.)

Post by Oscar Spain »

No just a weird translation but....
This is the title of an Enid Blyton book, but... Could you translate?
:twisted:

Kaland a kincses szigeten - Legendás ötösfogat

Is not easye!
Oscar P.
Film director / Writer / Medical Student
http://www.delcinealhospital.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I think I'll revive this again, since someone kindly pointed us to it from the truly egregious "Enid Blyton: 234 Success Facts", which likewise seems to have been written in another language and translated with a computer! :shock:

Oscar's offering, Kaland a kincses szigeten - Legendás ötösfogat, is (according to Google Translate) Hungarian and literally means "Adventure treasure island - legendary quintet". In other words, I suspect it's Five on a Treasure Island. 8)

Next... can anyone recognise this evocative passage? :D
"Oh, put out the torch!" _____ pleaded. "I want to take care of these stars is a little bit I've never seen such exciting in my life I shine like phosphorescence. -! All blue and green, green and blue, look, how to flash on and off Oh, I wish I could take. hundred to me and put in my bedroom ceiling at home! "
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
The 6th Find Outer

Post by The 6th Find Outer »

Maybe it´s Lucy-Ann in the cave of stars (Valley of Adventures).
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

It is! :wink: Well done.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Mehul
Favourite book/series: Secret Seven, Six Cousins and FFO
Favourite character: Peter, Roderick, Jack from SS, Susan etc

Post by Mehul »

Maybe everybody forgot that Ming already posted her question-
Ming wrote:Reviving this!

A loud bell rang loudly from the farmhouse. The children began. "That's a mother," said Penny. "He wants us back. Well, the cake was good - but I am hungry all over again now - and I'm getting cold too. Oh, what a beautiful place to [Name of farm] Farm is - do we have the good fortune to come and live here!"
But anyway, I could say The Children at Willow Farm?
SPORTY EEL was here.