Rules - Please read if you're new to 'Games'

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Re: Rules - Please read if you're new to 'Games'

Post by Darrell71 »

You can only do that after day 7. So then if we PM them at day 5, then 2 days will be saved all the time..... so a 20 turns like this and we save 40 days already! Isn't that cool! So... I'm saying...
You can call me Sunskriti!
HFk007
Favourite book/series: 5 Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by HFk007 »

Thank You, Anita
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Post by daanton »

I've read myself a read (or rather, a re-read) of the rules and I once again realiz/se what I had done wrong last month. :oops: What I did will never be repeated.

And I will try to curb my over-enthusiasm over these games. Having no immediate responses does not mean a cause to panic. :wink:

My thanks to you as well, Anita.
Famous Five TV Fan
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

What I did will never be repeated.
Goodness me! What heinous crime have you committed to warrant this repentance? :|
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'm not sure, but I doubt it was anything truly heinous! :D
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I've received an email saying that people haven't always been prompt in setting a new question (or perhaps confirming an answer) in the 'Five Find-Outers Series Quiz' thread. There may be other threads in which this is also happening and it holds games up needlessly, so I thought I'd remind people of the Games Rules. Thanks.
Anita Bensoussane wrote:There aren't many rules, but it helps to know the following:

1. Many games involve answering a question (or solving a puzzle). The person whose answer is correct gets to set the next question (or puzzle).

2. If you have set a question, please be prompt in confirming whether or not people's answers are right.

3. If it's your turn to ask a question, you have one week to do so (though the sooner the better, as it's more fun if the games keep moving). After that, anyone is allowed to ask a new question so the game can carry on.

4. Avoid pestering people by PM-ing or emailing them to say it's their turn in a game - though if they're very near the 7-day deadline some people might not mind a polite reminder.

5. If you are unsure how to play a certain game, check the instructions on the first page of the thread and read through a few pages to see how it works.

6. In games which involve adding a word or name to a list, only add ONE new word or name on your turn.

7. In the "Caption Competition" game, don't copy the image into every post. It only needs to appear once every few posts, as a reminder.

8. Please don't quote previous posters unless absolutely necessary, especially the post immediately before yours, as it takes up space needlessly. This applies to all forums threads.

9. Please don't use bad language, as people of all ages visit the website. Again, this applies to all forums threads.

Have fun!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member