Five Find-Outers And Dog Mystery By You!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Five Find-Outers And Dog Mystery By You!

Post by pete9012S »

Chapter Two

The Search For Inspector/Superintendant Jenks......

The Find-Outers met the next day in Fattys hut........

There was a sumptious feast laid on by Fattys mother.On the table (made by Ern) were three large plates.On the plates were jam tarts,potted meat sandwiches and really chocolatey chocolate biscuits.

Each Find-Outer had a lovely mug of drinking chocolate and a large glass of orangeade on standby.....

Farty started off their very important meeting........

'Find-Outers' he began 'We have lost our very good friend Inspector Jenks and we must plan our strategy right now to find him!'

'Whats a strategy?' asked Bets.'and is Inspector Jenks an Inspector,Chief Inspector or Superintendant?'....

'Dear Bets' replied Fatty 'a strategy is a plan- a way of doing something that will achieve the very best result.
As to the title of of our friend,he really is Superintendant Jerks now.But he is a modest man and has never corrected us when we occasionaly get his title wrong...! he said he doesnt mind what we call him,so dont worry-

Anyway, Fatty continued,theres no easy way to break this to you all,but Find-Outers we are going to have to interview Goon about the Inspectors disappearance!!!

'Oh no' groaned Larry.'Old clear'orf hates us,he would never agree to be questioned by any of us!'

'I bet he will talk to me'grinned Fatty 'look what i've got....'he held up an official policemans uniform,the rank easily outranked Goons....

'Wow' said Daisy 'Fatty,you wouldn't dare,....would you????'....

'Ordinarily,no' said Fatty.'But desparate times call for desparate measures.The Inspector is our fiend and we mustn't fail him!'

'Ok then 'said Pip who personally couldnt wait to see Goon 'interviewed' by a Fatty dressed as a superior officer..'when are we going to tackle Goon,today??'

'Yes. today' replied Fatty.'Goon is in his house now,I know because he took a call about a stray dog that has become lost'
'How do you know that? 'asked Daisy in surprise.'Because I was the one who rang him earlier and asked to call and see him today if he was in!'replied Fatty.....

Fatty imitated the strangulated voice he had used to ring Goon and the others rolled round the shed in laughter.
'Fatty I cant believe the things you do' cried Daisy...'How did you dare!'.....

'It was easy'said Fatty and started to boast about his prowess at mimicy ......

'Dont spoil it all by boasting again Fatty' said Pip.'Just tell us; when are we going to see Goon??,after these snacks???'.............................................
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Apres Les 'Snacks'......

The children were itching to see Fatty tackle Goon dressed as a high ranking policeman....

Fatty donned his uniform and added some subtle litle touches that instantly aged him....long sideburns,a moustache and little goatee beard.

The others marvelled at the transformation from chubby teenage youth to middle aged hardened battle worn police inspector......
'How do I look?' he grinned at the others.'Ooh Fatty,you look very scary,strict and important' said Daisy.'I wouldnt want to question your authority!'
'Yes,well lets just hope Goon feels the same!' retorted Fatty.'I'm going to ask Goon to do something that will require him to truly believe I am his superior officer!'...

The children left the shed whilst keeping lookout that nobody saw a very smart police inspector emerging from the garden bushes and then make his way out onto the little lane that lead to Goons house....

At the corner near Goons house, Miss Trimble approached Fatty...'Officer youre just the man I need!, Mr Smelly was very rude to me today,I would like him arrested at once!'......'Certainly ma'am' replied Fatty in the smoothest most superior voice the children had ever heard...'

'We can have him arrested right away for you,just leave that with us.' 'Oh thank you so much officer' gushed Miss Trimble.'I know you cant beat prisoners any more,but could you make sure he is severely punished'

'Will do' replied Fatty and Miss Trimble reached up on tiptoe (for she was rather short) and kissed Fatty on the cheek!

'Wow'said Larry as Miss Trimble walked away from earshot. 'she certainly thought a lot of you Fatty!'....'Hmm' said Fatty 'that certainly was a strange encounter of the first kind!...now to lock horns with old Goon.....

He surged boldly up to Goons front door and rapped sharply on the knockers.

After a moment or two Goon appeared,looking like he had just been disturbed from sleep (which he had).
When he saw the 'Inspector' at his door his mouth started to open and close like a goldfish........

He finally found his voice and stammered,'Ssssssir,I had no idea you were coming,is there a problem,wwwwhat cccccan I ddddo for you Ssssir?????'
'Pull yoursef together Man' said Fatty with such authority it was hard for the others to believe it was really him.
'I need to speak with you privately at once.Understand?'.................

Society Member
elizabeth
Favourite book/series: Five findouters,Famousfive,St clares,MaloryTowers
Favourite character: Bets Pat Isabel Claudine Bobby Snubby June

Post by elizabeth »

Yyess ssir.Pleasse do sit.Whatt doo yyou wwant witth mme,ssir? : asked a trembling Goon.

Do you know anything about Superintendent Jenk's disappearance? : asked Fatty (The Inspector)

Superintendent Jenks's disappearance? : asked Goon

You don't know? : asked Fatty (The Inspector)

No.He just spoke to me today.He was talking about the cases which were 'nonymous.It would help us to deal with this case.And I suppose he told you about the 'nonymous deeds.So he asked me to try my hand at this mystery.I want to tell you something sir,which I have kept as a secret. : said Goon

Tell me. : said Fatty (The Inspector)

There was another victim who the 'nonymous deeds were done on except Mrs Jelly,Mr Stinkies.It is Mrs Katie.When she was out,someone did all her darning and sewing. : said Goon
Last edited by elizabeth on 28 Apr 2011, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Post by ria ann »

"Thanks for telling me all this Goon",said Fatty."anything else?"
Ria Ann
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Nno,ssir : said a trembling Goon
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

"Thank you for all the information"said Fatty and left the house.

Poor Goon was glad.What a scare he had got! He didn't even think that the policeman was actually Fatty in disguise.

The Five returned to Fatty's shed. Fatty got out of his disguise and started to discuss what they had learned from Goon.

"It doesn't look as if the superintendent has disappeared as Goon tells that he just spoke to him today. I am really puzzled,"said Fatty.

"Me too",said Bets," but do you remember what Goon said about Mrs Katie? I say that we go over to her house and ask her some questions"

"Yes,we should do that",said Fatty,"but I am also worried about Superintendent Jenks. What if he is in trouble? You must remember that he has helped us many times."

"Yes Fatty,you are right",said Daisy,"I think that the best thing that we can do right now is........
Ria Ann
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

to wait to see if there is any more news of Super.

"You are right,Daisy",said Fatty

"So now can we go to Mrs KAtie's house to look for clues?",asked Bets
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

"Yes.Bets",said Fatty,"Let us atleast try to figure out that mystery"

So the five cycled over to Mrs Katie's house. It was a nice little house with a small but beautiful garden.They got off from their bicycles and went to ring the bell. It was answered by a pleasant looking person.

"Hello,are you Mrs Katie?,asked Fatty.

"No,I am not but please come inside and I will call her."

So they entered the well-furnished house and waited for Mrs Katie to come.
Ria Ann
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Mrs Katie came after a while.She was a ,short,fat,smiling jolly looking person.Bets looked at her and at once began to like her.
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

"Good evening",said Fatty.

"Good evening,dear little children",said Mrs Katie smiling at all of them,"what are you here for?"

"We were thinking about your sewing and darning being done by someone without telling you",said Fatty.

"Yes,that was a really good deed because I was so busy that I couldn't do it. It was really nice of the person to do it. If he/she had told me I would have surely paid him/her for do it so beautifully",said Mrs Katie.

"Could we see it,please"asked Fatty,not sure if that would be of much help.

"Of,course,dears",said Mrs Katie,"Please wait while I get it for you"
Ria Ann
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

While Mrs Katie was out of the room the children looked around them. There seemed to be lots of ornaments on every surface. "I wonder who does all the dusting." said Daisy. "It must take ages!"
Just then Pip spotted something on a table in the bay wondow.
"Just look at that Fatty!" he said. "What on earh is that doing there?"
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
dayanand shetty
Favourite book/series: the mystery series,famous five
Favourite character: Fatty,larry and bets

Post by dayanand shetty »

Fatty and Daisy looked to where Pip pointed and where most surprised :!: ,''Oh my god!'' said Fatty,''Ssssupperintenddent's bbbelt.However did it come here.''That can just mean one thing''said Daisy''Superintendent was here.But how?.''We don't know that''said Fatty,''what do you think Pip? ''.But Pip was so much surprised that he could not even speak...
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

'What are you thinking Pip?" asked Bets
"I was just wondering if Mrs Katie was hiding someone or if she herself is a disguise?" said Pip
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

The belt belonging to their friend really shocked the find-outers.....

'Ive got a hunch' hissed Fatty....'Lets get out of here pronto!'......

So,shouting a hurried goodbye to Mrs Katie they fled outside...
'Fatty,whats your hunch?' asked Bets.'and yes before you ask,I do know what a hunch is!'
'We need to get to Bourne Woods as as soon as possible' replied Fatty..'lets go now'....

The woods were dark,eary,dank and a bit creepy,but in the centre was a clearing were fair folk,tramps and travellers would often camp together and cook food over an open fire.There was always a very large pot over the fire on the go with all sorts of ingredients bubbling away....

Today,there were three old fashioned caravans in the clearing and two or three people sitting arround the camp fire....

Fatty boldly went up to an old wizened man sitting by the fire smoking an old clay pipe and said...........

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

................'Hello Sir! I came as soon as I had worked out your coded message!'

The man at the fire stood up to his full height,removed his dirty cap and the wig underneath to reveal

INSPECTOR JENKS!!

'Frederick you have really surpassed yourself this time' said the Inspector with a twinkle in his eyes.'Tell me,how did you come to find me here then?'.....

'It was the belt that clinched it Sir' glowed Fatty.'You see when I looked at it closely I noticed the markings on the inside of the belt that said...................

Society Member