Write a story!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Nair Snehalatha

Re: Write a story!

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

The message said-- Hi there, let's all of us meet at our usual place in my shed at the bottom of the garden'' Bets knew it to be a message from Fatty and rushed off to tell the others. They went to the shed at 10 o clock in the morning .Fatty was there grinning all over his face as usual ,and looking as cheerful as ever. ''Well-- '' said Bets ''what were you doing in that plane?'' Fatty grinned cheekily and said'' Oh! it was just a joy ride I wanted to tease you people . Come now, lets have some eats--- look what we have here.'' They saw there were currant buns, cup cakes , and gingerbread squares-- what lovely things to eat--- The Findouters' mouth watered. As they started on the buns Fatty sprang a surprise on them-- ''Well Findouters--'' he began--- there is a mystery looming up.'' Pip ans Larry almost choked over their buns and Daisy an Bets stared open mouthed. ''Ah! manners !manners!'' said Fatty , looking at Daisy and Bets.-- Don't open your mouths with your mouthfuls''. Bets and Daisy shut their mouths-- ''Sorry ,Fatty'' ,they said '' Tell us the mystery'' -- ''Well'', said Fatty ,lowering his voice-- ''it's like this----''
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

..."I was out and about.... when I had this thought ......"
"Oh!" Bets suddenly exclaimed. She had put her hand in her pocket and found the note she had picked up yesterday. She swallowed quickly. "Fatty!" she said, "Does this have anything to do with your new mystery?"
Fatty was a bit annoyed that Bets interrupted him, but when he looked at the paper she handed him his face changed and he gave her an approving look.
"Aha," he said, "This might very well be part of the new mystery. Tell us exactly how you found it."
Bets began to tell them about the street cleaner and how old Clear-Orf had come along and sent the fat man on his way.
"I think he thought it was you in disguise," she said, "But if you were up in an aeroplane it couldn't have been, of course."
Fatty read the words on the paper out loud. "Thursday night, mid-night, The Meadows in Holly Lane".... Hmm, interesting! And what day is it today Find-Outers?"
"Thursday!" they all shouted.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Farwa
Favourite book/series: The Secret Island/Adventure Series/Famous Five
Favourite character: Anne Kirrin/Peggy

Post by Farwa »

"So, tonight," continued Fatty, "If any of us is interested in finding out what happens in the Meadows in Holly Lane -" "Oooh!" interrupted Bets, unable to control her excitement. "I don't believe it - we have another mystery on our hands, and we only just got together!"

"Don't get too excited, Bets," said Pip, "You're certainly not going on any such trip!" "Oh, Pip, but what if there's something special there? I won't be able to sleep all night thinking about what might be going on in those meadows!"

"Cheer up - you never know, it could be a perfectly ordinary, unexciting meeting between a two totally ordinary people, and you might not miss anything after all!" said Fatty.

"Shh!" said Daisy, suddenly. "I hear someone coming!"
A day spent without a smile is a day lost.
Perce

Post by Perce »

Mr & Mrs Trotteville were making their way up the garden to look for the gardener. They had already inspected Jane the Parlour Maid's work that morning, with Jane being mortified when Algernon Trotteville had pointed out a spider's web on top of the bell-box.

"That's twenty pounds docked off your wages this week", said Algernon nastily, so you'd better run along now and get this house tidy before you start owing me money."

They then proceeded to the kitchen to check out cookie's culinary attempts, but were rather surprised to see that she had fallen asleep in front of the kitchen range.

"Fire!", roared Algernon, and laughed uproariously when cookie flew up like a shot and her knitting landed in the middle of the kitchen range fire.

"If that knitting has spoiled my scones then you'll make a new batch", threatened Algernon. "And while we're at it, try and go on a basic hygiene course, because I had the runs all last week at work and the office cleaner's still trying to get the pan sparking white again, so wash your hands after you've used the outside loo!".

"Yes, Sir, Mr Trotteville, Sir", mumbled cookie as Algernon and Mrs Trotteville made their way outside.

It was just at this point that they came into earshot of the Find Outers in Fatty's shed, although Mr & Mrs Trotteville thought that they were quite alone.

"Where's that gardener? The lazy fool has let this place go to ruin", complained Algernon. "He makes Larry Daykin look industrious, and he's probably got the same number of GCSE's!"

"Is that a large weed over there?", said Mrs Trotteville.

"Yes, that's Pip Hilton over there", laughed Algernon.

It was at this point Fatty and the other Find-Outers came out the shed, before Algernon could start on the others. Algernon noticed Pip and Larry's red faces and beat a hasty retreat down the garden to avoid any more embarrassment.

"I'll be in a conference call with the South China offices all afternoon", said Algernon, "well, afternoon to me but the middle of the night to them. I really should try and get up a few hours earlier so that they get to see their families."

After passing a few pleasantries, Mrs Trotteville too disappeared over to the kitchen garden.

"Right", said Fatty. I've been checking out who owns The Meadows in Holly Lane. It belongs to Mrs Lamb's brother and his wife, and it's a rather run-down old bungalow. I say that we should all go there tonight just before mid-night. Let's meet at the dairy at 11:30pm, and I'll be in disguise!".

After their plans were made the Find Outers went home, each thrilled about the adventure that lay ahead that night.
"Here I am, struggling for promotion, doing my very best, and every time you come along and upset the apple-cart. You're a toad of a boy, that's what you are!" [PC Goon]

Society Member
Farwa

Post by Farwa »

When Larry and Daisy reached home, they were so excited that they felt that they would hardly be able to eat their dinner that afternoon. They're excitement was felt, and their mother was a little suspicious, but she didn't say anything. All the same, the food was very tasty, and Larry and Daisy found their appetite coming back when their mother uncovered some delicious carrot soup.

After they had eaten, Larry and Daisy went to their rooms, each thinking about what would happen that night. Would it be some robbers planning some robbery? Would it be some communication between two criminals? The night just didn't come soon enough!
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

That night Fatty and Larry decided to go themselves in disguise-- they decided to put on the disguise they had once put on to fool P.C.Pippin-- in the mystery of the Pantomime Cat.They had dressed up as two ruffians with red hair-- now they walked softly to Holly Lane looking for all the world like a pair of rogues-- They half wished they could meet Mr. Goon --- they could lead him a fine dance. Wait a bit--- Fatty put up a warning hand, he saw a dilapidated hut just by the side--- he and Larry went in and hid themselves--- there was a small window and both the boys cautiously peeped out--- the moonlight shone silvery on the meadow and the green hills beyond--- a few rabbits peeped out of their burrows --- became bolder, and started playing a game of -- Touch -my-tail-- Fatty and Larry were enjoying the lovely scene in front of them ,when suddenly they heard the sound of a car rolling in fast and quietly, on silent engines---
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

It was a large,expensive, smooth car with an engine that purred like a big cat.
The boys could just make out the shadowy silhouettes of two people in the car.
Both were wearing hats.One had on a flat cap and the other was wearing a ten gallon Stetson.
The wearer was a huge bear like man whose head easily reached the roof of the vehicle.
Flat cap chap was smoking,and the red tip of his cigarette glowed clearly in the black night.
The boys tried to scan the cars registration number,but could only make out the first part of it...KMF_ _ _.

The car suddenly came to a stop.Without warning....
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Farwa

Post by Farwa »

The two men came towards the hut! "Have they spotted us?" breathed Larry, sounding quite alarmed. "I don't know," replied Fatty, "Just don't make a sound."

The creaky old door opened, and one of the men came in. Fatty thanked his lucky stars that he and Larry had not chosen the room which the door opened into. They heard the footsteps of the second man come in, and then the door closed.

"We're dead meat if they come in this room, Fatty! Where should we hide? said Larry, anxiously.
carpediem
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Barney Series
Favourite character: Anyone who's a wrong 'un

Post by carpediem »

Fatty put one finger up to his mouth to motion to Larry to be absolutely silent. After a few moments it appeared the men had no more interest in the hut and were now standing outside the back door of the house. Both boys peered through the dirty glass of the hut window. There was a full moon that evening and it shone into the little back garden, yielding enough light to leave Larry in no doubt that one of the men was the burly policeman they had encountered earlier that day at the railway station.
“That man with the Stetson on, Fatty”, whispered Larry. “He’s a policeman. We thought he was you in disguise. He treated us brusquely at the railway station today. All we did was call him Fatty and he floored Pip with one punch.”
“Idiot!”, muttered Fatty, indignantly. “How could you mistake him for me, even in disguise. He’s got a round face and a big belly. Nothing like me!”
“Where’s Goon?”, muttered the big policeman. “I’m tired of waiting here. He said he would be here at midnight to collect the school photo. That’s the key to this mystery, though goodness knows how.”
The church clock struck 1am. This was the cue for the two men to give up their wait. With minimal noise one of them placed a carefully packaged item underneath the doormat. “He can get it in his own good time. Good luck to him.” and off they departed.
Once they were convinced the coast was clear, Fatty and Larry slipped out of the bushes and picked up the doormat. Fatty took the item which lay underneath and hid it under his coat. “Let’s get out of here, Larry, and return to my shed.” Just then they heard a noise coming from the road. Someone was panting heavily and riding his bike up the drive. “Quick, Larry, let’s hide in these bushes.”
Moments later Goon appeared round the corner, wheeling his bicycle. “Gah!”, he exclaimed, “I knew they wouldn’t wait. But as long as they have left that photo that’s all I’m interested in.” Goon went straight to the doormat and lifted it up. He snorted with displeasure. “Where is it?” For a good 10 minutes Goon searched all around him but the very item he was looking for was at that moment safely in Fatty’s possession. Nevertheless, Goon was gradually getting closer to the two boys, and both of them felt greatly discomfited. As Goon searched around them the boys drew back gradually but it was clear that the bushes offered little real protection. Then with a might swing of his arm Goon caught Fatty by his arm and yanked him out.
“What’s this ‘ere then?”, the policeman exploded. “You show me who you are?” Fatty was hauled out of the bushes and stood there in front of Goon. “I … I… I need my mummy”, he wailed. “I need my mummy.”
“You need your mummy!”, roared Goon. “You dimwit! Tell me what you’re doing here?”
Goon’s grip got ever tighter as he shone his torch into Fatty’s eyes. “Ah! You’re up to no good, I’ll be bound!”, exclaimed Goon. “You’re here to rob the house.”
Just at that moment Fatty took a complete stab in the dark. “Listen, Goon”, he exclaimed in a very grown up voice. “MI5 has got the photo. We’re here in disguise to see if anyone else turns up. Now get out of here before I inform your superior.”
At this statement, Goon completely backed off. “Yessir, yessir. What ever you say Sir.” He turned hurriedly around, grabbed his bicycle as set off at great speed. He didn’t mind helping out the local bobby from the next town but this incident had spooks crawling all over it. Better to disappear, as they suggest.
With Goon safely out of the way Fatty and Larry hurried back to his shed. They were beside themselves with curiosity, wanting to unravel the picture but decided that they would only look at it in the company of the other Find Outers. “10am in Pip’s playroom tomorrow”, ordered Fatty. Then we’ll see what is in here.”
At 10am the next morning the Find Outers all gathered excitedly. Pip, Bets and Daisy were desperate to know about all the details of the previous night. They gasped incredulously and laughed uproariously at various parts of the tale but when it came to unravel the package everyone went silent. Fatty carefully unwrapped it and there before them was a school photo. It said at the bottom: Peterwood Primary School, 1924.
“1924!”, exclaimed Pip. “My mother went to Peterswood Primary School then.”
“So did our mother”, added Larry and Daisy. They all peered at it closely. “There’s mother”, pointed out bets, excitedly. “She has often shown me who she is in that photo.”
“You mean that you have the same photograph?”, asked Fatty. “Can you bring it up here.” Pip crept downstairs and into the drawing room. The class photo was in its usual spot and he picked it up and hurried upstairs before he met anyone. They laid the photos side by side.
The pictures looked identical. About 100 children and their teachers all looking back. A few of them were smiling but most were looking slightly grim and unsure at this strange contraption that took photos. There was Pip and Bet’s mum. And behind her the big boy with the bulging eyes. Fatty however had a puzzled look on his face.
“These photos look absolutely identical but look at the school clock. It at 3.00pm on this photo but only at 2.55pm on that photo.” The children looked increasingly intently at both photographs. Fatty was correct. “And that big boy with the bulging eyes”, said Daisy. “There’s a small girl beside him on that photo but she has disappeared on the other. Why is she missing?”
Everyone looked very closely. Daisy was right. They counted all the people. The only one missing was the little girl.
They turned both photos over but there were no names on the back. Just then Mrs Hilton popped her head into the room and asked if Fatty, Larry and Daisy would like to stay for tea. She had arranged this with their mothers and this had been agreed.
“Mother?”, enquired, Pip boldly. “We were looking at this old school photo of yours. I bet you can’t remember who this little girl is?”
The others looked at Pip admiringly, who was looking the picture of innocence just then. “What on earth are you doing with that old photo, Pip?”, his mother enquired. She walked over and a smile formed on her lips. “You do know who the big boy with the bulging eyes is?”, she asked mischievously. “It’s old Clear Orf as a boy” shouted Bets in delight. They all crowded even closer. They was certainly no denying the fact.
“Who is the little girl beside him?”, asked Fatty, quite innocently. Everyone found they were holding their breath. Could this be a massive clue in the Mystery of the Missing Girl? And what had she to do with spies and MI5 now looking for her.
Mrs Hilton turned around, her eyes strangely brightened. “Why, she was and still is my best friend!”
She turned to look at Larry and Daisy and said to them: “Larry and Daisy, don’t you recognise your own mother?”
Farwa

Post by Farwa »

Wow - you wrote very well, Carpediem! This time it was very funny and interesting!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"MOTHER?" exclaimed Larry and Daisy together. They were astonished. The little girl in the photo did not look at all their present-day mother.

"She's certainly not missing then," muttered Fatty, rather puzzled. "What did you say, Frederick?" said Mrs. Hilton. "Nothing, nothing," he replied, but he went on thinking - why would Mr Goon be interested in an old school photo of himself and his classmates? Was there anyone else missing in the photo whom they had not noticed?
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Meanwhile what of Goon? He had sailed back home like a listing galleon.He couldn't even recall whether he had walked or cycled.
What was going on.And why had that plain clothes operative told him that a well known furniture store was involved in the case.
It was too much for poor Goon's addled brain.

Not too much though for him to treat himself to a late night fry up.
He wandered over to the larder and selected his supper.
Bacon,eggs,mushrooms,black pudding,six sausages,tomatoes all went into Goon's gargantuan frying pan,along with three rounds of fried bread.

After he had eaten this copious supper come cholesterol blow out he washed it down with three huge mugs of tea
Goon suddenly started to feel better and decided he had better get ready for bed.
He went into the bathroom and removed his clothes.

After he had completed his toilet and was clad in his union jack pyjamas he started to feel sleepy.
He climbed into his enormous bed and as was his custom turned to the little prayer book beside his bed.
He read the page with interest hoping for divine inspiration.
Unfortunately for our poor meat satiated policeman the verse for that days meditation was Proverbs 23:20-21 Goon read it and muttered a thinly disguised "Gah!"....
But deep down within him where the last vestiges of his once good heart remained he knew the advice was true and silently he decided to try and turn over a new leaf."Kippers." he muttered to himself as he drifted off in to the land of nod."Kippers.They're healthy.I'll have them for breakfast."

And within five minutes he was fast asleep,his stentorian,rasping,chain saw like snores echoed around his little house with no one to hear them except the spider in his bathroom busily weaving a new web and the two little mice in Goon's kitchen hungrily feeding off the crumbs of food on the floor spilled by Goon as he had hastily made his late night feast....

Society Member
Farwa

Post by Farwa »

Next morning, the Find-Outers and Mr Goon woke up with a good deal of ambition for that day - and about the same thing too! The only difference was that Mr Goon seemed to be ahead in this case - which was very annoying, as Bets said when Larry, Daisy, Pip and herself were walking towards Fatty's house. "Never mind, Bets," said Larry, "Fatty might have figured something out - we'll find out when we meet him."
Perce

Post by Perce »

Just at that moment the spitfire flew low overhead, in fact it was so low that it just managed to clear Lady Candling's house. It was trailing another message.

"I say", said Larry, " I say. Old Fatty must have solved this frightful mystery overnight and he wants to tell us using this message".

But when they read the message they got a surprise. It read:

"Miss T. Will you marry me? TG."

One again the spitfire flew low over Lady Candling's house, frightening her cats and waking up Miss Trimble. Lady Candling was standing at her parlour window shaking her fist at the plane and shouting, "I'm going to get the law onto you!"

So she dialled Goon's number and he answered very promptly. Goon had noticed the incoming number coming up on his phone, and he recognised it as Lady Candling's household. Good! His message had been received and understood!

Goon spoke before the caller could say anything. "I've been expecting a call from you, hot lips! Tell the old bat that you're going out for some shopping, or you could just tell her the truth and say that you're going to a Jacuzzi party with a super stud!"

"Goon!", spoke Lady Candling sharply, "Remember who you are speaking to or I'll inform your superiors and you'll be directing traffic for the rest of your career! There's an idiot flying a plane that's frightening my cats. Get rid of it now." And with that, Lady Candling slammed down the phone. "Who was that, was it anything important?", asked Miss Trimble. Lady Candling paused for a moment as her mind now processed the message on the plane. "No, nothing for you to worry about, Miss Trimble, just get on with your knitting."

Fatty had asked the others to meet him urgently. Larry and Daisy were at the Hilton's, and now the four of them were making their way along Holly Lane to meet Fatty. As they passed The Meadows, Mrs Lamb's brother's furniture was lying out in the front garden. "I suspect Wilfrid must have been visiting his uncle and got the wrong house", said Pip. But no, it wasn't Wilfred, who at that moment was trying to coerce his uncle into telling him where his life savings were, or the nasty bad men who he had met in prison might be round soon to pay a visit.

Mrs Lamb's brother and his wife were getting unceremoniously evicted for keeping their rented home in a shocking state of untidiness and disrepair, and their cheap furniture could just about be seen over the long grass. "They're just trying to get us out so that they can get a higher rent", complained Mrs Lamb's brother, "and me and me pore old wife don't get no visitors any more, they all seem to hold their noses and run off. And the only mail we get are reminders to pay the bills along with some letters from Mrs Moon telling us how untidy our gaff is. And if they provoke me any more then I'm going to do a Mr Hicks!".

The four Find-Outers continued on their way and saw Twit the Baker out on his rounds again, having been successfully rehabilitated and reintegrated back into the community. He was telling an old woman that the hallmarks on her silver candlesticks which had been in the family for four generations meant that they were cheap Chinese imports, and he would take them off her hands but would throw in a couple of extra rolls as a goodwill gesture.

"It's good to see that Peterswood is crime-free", commented Larry. "Let's see what updates Fatty has got for us on this mystery"
"Here I am, struggling for promotion, doing my very best, and every time you come along and upset the apple-cart. You're a toad of a boy, that's what you are!" [PC Goon]

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Meanwhile in Chief Inspector/Superintendent Jenks' office his private line rang.
He looked at his wristwatch.It was late afternoon.He had a pretty good idea who was calling him and he had now rather begun to look forward to their friendly,informal yet strangely cerebral chats.

He answered the phone."Good afternoon,this is Chief Inspector/Superintendent Jenks' line."
The voice at the other end of the line purred "Oh Pootsie,I'm so glad I've got straight through to you!"
The Chief Super blushed,but at the same time felt a warm tingle of excitement run through his veins.
"And it's good to hear from you Scrummy." he replied,his voice taking on a rich mellifluous tone that was seldom if ever heard by any of his colleagues.

"Listen Pootsie," the voice continued "We're having a rather challenging game of tennis at the weekend,a rather daring game of doubles.Are you interested?"

Jenks' mind raced and whirled.He knew as a very 'high up' policeman he had to tread very carefully and be discreet,modest and yet,and yet he heard himself reply,"Scrummy,there is absolutely nothing I would like more.I will be there.Leave the gates open and I will arrive in the Cherry Red unmarked car."

"That's simply super Super!" replied the silky voice."Afterwards we are going for a moonlit bathe if you can stay that long..."

A moonlit bathe.Jenks again felt that special electric tingle through his spine at the thought of it.
He remembered the last dip the foursome had taken,just on the bend of the river,totally out of view of the village and even any late night fisherman....

He said his goodbyes and drifted into a sort of half conscious half dreamy reverie that lasted he didn't know quite how long....

A polite rap at the door of his office finally brought him to his senses....

"Call for you Sir." said one of his officers politely."It's Master Frederick Trotteville from Peterswood.He says he has some information for you Sir."

"Right Tonks.Put him through on my private line if you would...."

Chief Inspector/Superintendent Jenks again lifted the receiver of his private telephone.
This time however his voice was crisp,sharp,authoritative and in command.

"Hello Frederick." he said "And to what do I owe the honour of this call?"

"Hello Chief Inspector/Superintendent Jenks." replied Fatty in his smooth drawling,yet confident voice." Sir,I wonder if I could ask your advice about something in Peterswood? It's a rather delicate matter and I thought I'd best to come to you directly,first ,you see I have reason to believe that...............

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Is this getting into things one normally wouldn't read in an Enid Blyton story?? :shock:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)