The Enid Blyton Secret Series Enigma: The Twin Books

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Liam
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

The Enid Blyton Secret Series Enigma: The Twin Books

Post by Liam »

Liam wrote:
pete9012s wrote:Liam, I forgot to ask you in the heat of the battle, sorry debate if you mentioned you were in the process of writing a new book covering some of the parallels in Enid's work?

That is something I would be very interested to read if so. Any release/publication dates lined up and will it be available on kindle like your last book?
All true, Pete. I think it is done, that is, the creative impulse is exhausted. I just have to convince myself that nothing I can add or do will make it better. Soon as I can do that - accept all its shortcomings - I will put it out. And yes, there will be a kindle version. It should be done in a few weeks at most. The longer I hold onto it, the less likely my mind will be able to find a new project. That is the best reason to get it out in the very near future. And of course, since I’m doing it on my own, I don’t have to wait on any publisher or editor.
Pete, it’s finally here. The Kindle eBook will be available for free download from this coming Monday 19 through Thursday 22. The start time for download is 12 midnight Sunday Pacific Coast time, so I think that will be 8 AM Monday British time.

Of course, anyone else besides Pete who can stomach outlandish parallels, and their Enid Blyton analyzed to death, is quite welcome to download a copy. :) I think Fiona for one is brave enough to try it! Who knows, there might be a few nuggets of insight if you can get past the dull writing. :wink:

Kindle eBook on Amazon UK

Kindle eBook on Amazon US

Here is the link to the print version. It is not free, but is the lowest price I can put it - I suppose Amazon must recoup the cost of production - paper and ink.

Print version on Amazon.co.uk

The above page might not be fully functional for a day or two. The two below are fully functional, but are from the US, so might not be appropriate.

Amazon US

CreateSpace eStore
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: The Enid Blyton Secret Series Enigma: The Twin Books

Post by Fiona1986 »

I just bought a copy, Liam. I think it's only fair to put at least those two pounds odd into your pocket for all your hard work!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Liam

Post by Liam »

Thank you Fiona! So kind of you. :)

Hope you are repaid with some stimulating ideas.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks for the heads up Liam.
I too have just bought a copy from amazon for a most reasonable £2.29

I would like to buy the paprback copy when it's available too.

Best wishes

Pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Liam

Post by Liam »

Thank you Pete. Happy reading!