Smith's Noddy Alarm Clock

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Smith's Noddy Alarm Clock

Post by Courtenay »

Katharine wrote: I find it difficult to sleep if I don't have a clock ticking in the room, so if you ever need to re-home it......
:lol: Just like my mother's parents — they always had wind-up alarm clocks in the bedrooms for that reason. Even when I was very little, when we were staying there, I used to insist on having the ticking clock removed because I couldn't sleep!

That said, I wouldn't at all mind having the same kind of Noddy clock as a collector's item, but it definitely wouldn't be living in my bedroom!!
Rob Houghton wrote: I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that when I received it, I noticed Noddy's head had come loose, so I took the plastic front off the clock, and fixed it back onto the pin mechanism, so that it would nod in time to the ticking. Perhaps the fact it was loose stopped it working properly?
Well done for fixing it, Rob — glad to hear it now seems to be working properly. Now why am I thinking perhaps we know someone who, on finding Noddy's head was loose, would have preferred to remove it entirely?? :twisted: :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Moonraker

Re: Smith's Noddy Alarm Clock

Post by Moonraker »

Rob Houghton wrote:Yes - quite loud! the tick is also very loud too! Courtenay would hate it! :lol:
Good thing you don't sleep with her, then. :D
Fiona wrote:Lovely clock, Rob. Pity it has to be wound (even daily) though - a strange notion to modern clock/watch users. Assuming you forgot (which I would be almost bound to), then you'd not know the right time to set it to.
I never even thought of that! I never forgot to wind up my alarm clock as it was the last thing I did every night before switching of the light. I rather miss winding up watches and clocks...
Society Member