'The Enid Blyton Book Club'

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

'The Enid Blyton Book Club'

Post by Francis »

Have just watched a film - 'The Jane Austen Book Club' where 6 ladies (and one man) meet to discuss the Jane Austen books and try to learn lessons from them to help their own love lives! I wouldn't suggest that Enid Blyton books have the same romantic slant but are there any lessons in life that we can glean from reading her books?

Perhaps that Bill could encourage us to be more adventuress, Fatty - to be more observant, Jack - to keep an eye in the sky for the many fine birds that fly by, Philip = to make friends and protect our native animals wildlife. Anne - to care for and notice other people, George - to cherish and love our pets, Julian - to take responsibility etc
Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Re: 'The Enid Blyton Book Club'

Post by Jack400 »

Hmm, I can see what you mean with the above ideas, Francis. In my opinion there are many morality tales to be learnt from EB books.
Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I've always felt that Enid Blyton's books backed up the morals and manners that my parents and school taught me.
Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I agree with Katharine. Enid's books complemented the lessons learnt from parents and teachers in regard to proper behaviour.
Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Katharine wrote:I've always felt that Enid Blyton's books backed up the morals and manners that my parents and school taught me.
It does sound a bit like Jane Austen!

I think the most important aspect of the books for me was how important cousins could be - I loved mine. Also as boys we should cherish and share adventures with the fairer sex (Jane Austen words keep popping in!).
Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

I also agree. The moral value in her books are compatible with what our parents, teachers and even religion taught us.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!