Handwritten Famous Five postcard on Ebay

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
The 6th Find Outer

Handwritten Famous Five postcard on Ebay

Post by The 6th Find Outer »

I just found this on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Postkarte-handge ... SwNphWWv6h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might be interesting to have a look at, even though the price doesn´t seem to be a bargain.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Handwritten Famous Five postcard on Ebay

Post by Fiona1986 »

£300? They must be having a laugh!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
walter raleigh
Favourite book/series: 5 Fall Into Adventure/R Mysteries/Adventure Series
Favourite character: George Kirrin

Post by walter raleigh »

I don't know. It doesn't seem that excessive to me, assuming it's genuine. I wouldn't pay it but mainly because I couldn't afford it. It's certainly something I'd like to own though.
"Stuck in a state of permanent pre-pubescence like poor Julian in the Famous Five!"

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

If you see these cards, they are most certainly genuine and they will all have been sent by Enid Blyton as she had them specially produced for her own use. Along with the Noddy ones, the Famous Five is probably the most common, but they would all count as scarce. I know there is an Adventure series one, but I have never seen it and I have only once seen the two pictured below.
Image Image

They are always expensive as they are always handwritten by Enid, but the one on ebay is a bit OTT!
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Lovely cards, Tony. Sadly far too expensive for me. :cry:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Now that could take some detective work — I would LOVE to find one of Enid's own Adventure series postcards!! :D But if it's so rare that even Tony has never come across it, there's probably not much chance of it being in my price range... :mrgreen:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)