Famous Five Club

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Re: Famous Five Club

Post by Daisy »

I guess number 2 may be "Adventuring Again" as it shows a hole in the floor - the secret way from the study to Kirrin Farmhouse?
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

Number 5 could be Five have a wonderful time, with Jo presenting two horses to bring the carvans back to the circus camp.
Number 9 looks like Julian kicking Lou's or Tiger-Dan's torch away, so I think it's Five go off in a caravan.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Post by Carlotta King »

1: Together Again (the tower and Mischief?)
2: Adventuring Again
3: Run Away Together (the stone that blocks the entrance?)
4: Treasure Island (are they looking down at the wreck?)
5: Mystery Moor?
6: Mystery To Solve (the well)
7: Off To Camp
8: Go Down To The Sea?
9: as Wolfgang says, Caravan?
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Here are the answers and a few more titles.Regarding the titles, use the google chrome translate option top left and see what you think..

http://superiorbooks.gr/?s=enid+blyton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , not been on for a while so wonder how things are , does any member wear their famous five badge and any wear the secret seven badge i sometimes wear mine and they are on my coat at this time . its good to wear them just in case we meet each other. do any members live near walsall west midlands . if so it would be good to meet up sometime
sadly my university course hasnt worked out so have withdrawn. now i`ve nothing to do and work for . however i`m a keen I-SPYer and have been taking my I-SPYbooks out and exploring . cant wait for new books to come out in march and april . are there any members who enjoyed doing I-SPY and still do . go on the harper collins website to see more about books . they took over from michelin but istill use their books too . i was at slimbridge recently and got to feed tthe swans ducks and geese which was brilliant!!
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Hi Sue. I used to wear my Famous Five members badge in the 70's. However, I was always afraid I might lose it whenever I was outdoors, so I stopped wearing it. It's now safely stored away with the rest of my F5 memorabilia!

Sorry to hear your Uni course didn't work out for you. I hope something else comes up for you soon. Keep plugging away! I think going out & exploring is a fantastic way to occupy your mind & gives you the opportunity to discover new things. It could lead to a new hobby, something you would never have dream't you were interested in! When I was a very young chap, I immersed myself into the wonderful World of Wildlife. This interest is still occupying my life to this day..some 47 years later!
Keep I-Spying, Sue! It's a great way of relaxing as well as learning. Well done. :D :D
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , i`m into wildlife too and visit my local rspb reserve at sanwell valley . i like railways too , geology , archaeology, buses, EB, and singing. i have just sent off for another I-SPY certificate on birds so waiting fotr that and badge to come . my original FF badge is safely put away with other stuffand wear the one that was made for me in scotland. if you would like one i can get one made for you just send me your address in a PM. SUE
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Wow! It's great to know you got so many interesting hobbies, Sue. You're certainly keeping yourself active! Good on you. :D I've a friend who is an Archaeologist & I've been on some fascinating digs with him, as well as helping him survey Iron-age hill forts, Roman roads, etc. All fab stuff! :D
I'll definitely let you know if ever I want a F5 badge. They do sound great, but I'll have to pass on your kind offer for the time being, as I'm flitting from one place to another with work & don't get home very often at the moment! :|
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Yes,fascinating! I don't know if you can still join this club,but I'd like too. Time Team was one of my favourite shows..

http://shop.timeteamdigital.com/subscription" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCHEOLOGIST ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

i loved time team too and still watch it , i have just sent a message to see if the club still exists abd if i will join. sue
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

I used to love watching the Time Team, too, Pete. Episodes are frequently repeated on More 4 & Yesterday Channels but, unfortunately, it's seems that the same dozen repeatedly do the rounds! :roll: When you gets hands on & start findings interesting things, then Archaeology can be very addictive! :D
Last edited by number 6 on 01 Feb 2018, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Susan Webster wrote:i loved time team too and still watch it , i have just sent a message to see if the club still exists abd if i will join. sue
£44.40 is a lot of money, Sue: you might want to re-think! :)
Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Sue, the Time Team Badge does come up for sale on ebay from time to time.
This one was sold recently for quite a reasonable purchase price:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCHEOLOGIST ... 7675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

Pete

Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

i like the time team badge , wish i had one .
i did email the club but never heard anything from it so my guess is they no longer exist as theres no new programmes on tv any more.
well what about the weather--who has loads of snow. we have a little bit . any one been out snowballing . i havent .
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Plenty of snow here in the East Midlands, Sue! My 10 year old Border Collie absolutely loves it. He runs around like a mad thing, rolling around till he's covered from head to tail in snow! He can't get enough of it! :D :D