Sunny Stories written by Enid Blyton Collection

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Sunny Stories written by Enid Blyton Collection

Post by pete9012S »

I enjoyed reading through this blog;

http://www.vintagecobweb.com/2012/04/en ... ittle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Sunny Stories written by Enid Blyton Collection

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I find the Sunny Stories covers very attractive. They're only shades of blue and red, mixed with black and white, but they're beautifully drawn by a range of talented artists. I've got a few Sunny Stories magazines but would like to collect more if I ever have the chance. I love the stories and letters, and even the adverts shed light on the society of the time.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Melissa_02

Post by Melissa_02 »

Nice post!
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Melissa_02 wrote:Nice post!
Cheers!
Want to buy it?? :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I agree, Pete, a very nice post (not your picture! :lol: ). Michelle Ann says in her Blog that trying to collect all 553 issues of Sunny Stories would be like trying to climb Everest backwards, but this website has them all, though I suspect it is a section that is seldom looked at! It is my eventual aim if I live long enough to put in all uncollected stories and poems in the same way as I have done with Teachers World - now that will be a mountain to climb! :roll:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/maga ... ?magid=254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

What a treasure it would be if all copies were in the Cave to read in their entirety! There's a challenge for you, Tony! :wink:
Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

Rest assured Tony, I frequently look at the magazine section and I appreciate all the cavework you undertake. I hope I also live long enough to read all the uncollected Sunny Stories.

It is a nice post and I am sorely in need of one; my fence has just blown down.
Last edited by Kate Mary on 09 Feb 2014, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Sadly, the "nice post" is a spammer advertising a shoe website.

Sorry to hear of your fence. It is a wonder to me that I haven't witnessed more damage.
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Kate Mary wrote:It is a nice post and I am sorely in need of one; my fence has just blown down.
I'm sorry to hear that your fence has just blown down, Kate Mary. :( Several of my fence panels have been damaged since just before Christmas. I've had one that was causing an obstruction fixed, but I'm waiting for an improvement in the weather before I attempt to get the others repaired. Let's hope that improvement is very soon!
Moonraker wrote:Sadly, the "nice post" is a spammer advertising a shoe website.
Not a friend of Julie's is it? :wink:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Eddie Muir wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Sadly, the "nice post" is a spammer advertising a shoe website.
Not a friend of Julie's is it? :wink:
Sfunnythat! I thought exactly the same thing!
Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

A broken fence post and panels is very minor compared with the floods on the Somerset Levels and the storms in the West Country. I never thought I would be wishing for 'proper' winter weather of frost and snow!

Back on track I enjoyed the blog about Sunny Stories and hope the idea of putting material from it (Sunny Stories that is) in the Cave comes to fruition.
Last edited by Kate Mary on 09 Feb 2014, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Kate Mary wrote:A broken fence post and panels is very minor compared with the floods on the Somerset Levels and the storms in the West Country. I never thought I would be wishing for 'proper' winter weather of frost and snow!
I agree totally and my heart goes out to all those in the West Country, and in other parts of the UK, who have suffered so much during the past few weeks. Let's hope that there is a big improvement in the weather conditions in the coming days so that all those poor people can get their lives back on track.

I read Sunny Stories regularly as a youngster back in the late forties and early fifties, and used to look forward to each new issue. A wonderful read for just 2d. Happy days! :D
Last edited by Eddie Muir on 05 Feb 2014, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Post by Carlotta King »

Kate Mary wrote:A broken fence post and panels is very minor compared with the floods on the Somerset Levels and the storms in the West Country. I never thought I would be wishing for 'proper' winter weather of frost and snow!
What I wouldn't give to look out the window and see a lovely calm day with a blanket of snow or some frost about, that I could go out and walk in, instead of torrential rain and wheelie bins blowing about! :roll:

We are certainly bearing the brunt of it down here in the south west, I'm just glad that other parts of the country aren't having such bad weather as we are.
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Tony Summerfield wrote:I agree, Pete, a very nice post (not your picture! :lol: ). Michelle Ann says in her Blog that trying to collect all 553 issues of Sunny Stories would be like trying to climb Everest backwards, but this website has them all, though I suspect it is a section that is seldom looked at! It is my eventual aim if I live long enough to put in all uncollected stories and poems in the same way as I have done with Teachers World - now that will be a mountain to climb! :roll:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/maga ... ?magid=254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel very elated just to read your statement especially the bold one. Just want to let you know that I support your aim 1000%, Tony! :D

No mountain is high enough to climb even if you climb backwards. (Suddenly I remember the lyric of the song but I forgot the song's title! Typical me! - no mountain is high enough..... )

It could be your 2017 resolution, perhaps? :wink:
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I don't know the song you're thinking of, Sixret, but I'm reminded of 'If Mountains Were Easy to Climb' from the musical Mrs. Henderson Presents (sung by Emma Williams and Tracie Bennett - the latter played Sharon Gaskell in Coronation Street):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCelPMbBm4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member