Identify a Noddy story

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
Sam Haven

Identify a Noddy story

Post by Sam Haven »

Calling all Noddy fans, this desperate husband needs some help

My wife often refers to a Noddy story, where he cleans or paints a floor and end up trapped in a corner of the room, I would like to purchase the book containing this story but I don't know where to look.
Can someone please help.

Mike H
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Re: Identify noddys story

Post by Ming »

Hello, Mike.

I have not read all the Noddy books, so I can't pinpoint which you might be looking for, but perhaps the reviews in the Cave of Books might help you. http://enidblytonsociety.co.uk/noddy.php

i will do my bit in reading the reviews soon, so as to maybe find out which story it is. In the meantime, perhaps you could read them too.

Do let us know how your search goes!

Society Member
Katharine

Re: Identify noddys story

Post by Katharine »

The story does ring a bell, but I can't think which one it is. I'll have a look on my bookshelf, as it would be one of the ones I had as a child, and I didn't have many.
Society Member
tix

Re: Identify a Noddy story

Post by tix »

On July 14th, 2013 Sam Haven wrote:

"... a Noddy story, where he cleans or paints a floor and ends up trapped in a corner of the room."

In "Noddy Gives His Little House A Summer Cleaning," he sure does that.

The title is "Enid Blyton's New Big Noddy Book" and on the cover there's a picture of Noddy and Big-Ears dancing.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

That's interesting Tix. I had a quick flick through all my Noddy books this afternoon, as I was sure I'd seen a picture with him standing in the corner of the room unable to get out, but couldn't find it.

I have several of the big Noddy books, but don't think I've got the one with the story you mention. I only bought those in the last year or 2, and the picture I have in my mind's eye is one I have from childhood. I wonder if perhaps I read that particular Noddy book at someone's house then, rather than it being one of my own. Or maybe like several of Enid's stories, it got reworked into another tale about someone else?
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks, Tix. The covers of two editions of that book can be seen in the link below. The earlier cover is orange with Noddy and Big-Ears dancing, and the later cover is blue with Noddy and Mrs. Tubby Bear in Noddy's car, and Big-Ears on his bicycle.

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... 28No.+4%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Sam Haven

Post by Sam Haven »

Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions. :D

On the advise given I purchased the book suggested and did find the story I have been searching for.

It is called "Noddy Gives His Little House A Summer Cleaning," inside "Enid Blyton's New Big Noddy Book" with a picture of Noddy and Big-Ears dancing on the cover.

Should get me some brownie points, so thanks to you all.

Mike
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

I read this story out of Enid Blyton's New Big Noddy Book just the other day; what a lovely, beautifully illustrated comic strip it is! I hope you and your wife also enjoy the amusing story and all the other fantastic stories of this book, Mike. :D
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member