Sunny Stories ?

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
oldbookfan

Sunny Stories ?

Post by oldbookfan »

I am hoping that someone, perhaps one of our residing guru's, can assist me with my enquiry.......
I know that at some time Ms Blyton wrote Sunny Stories magazine.
What I need to know is - were there different types with the same title???
The reason for my question is, that almost all the EB books I have (and these are increasing) have her famous signature on them, or at least her name.
Was this not the same for Sunny Stories Magazine. Were they not titled 'Enid Blyton's Sunny Stories"???
For I now possess some Sunny Stories magazine (small magazines approx. 5" x 7 1/2") - dare I say most definitely in the vein of Enid Blytons writings; complete with puzzles, poetry, fairies animal...the works!... but not a name or signature in sight.
Certainly they are published by George Newnes Ltd. They are titled the 'New Series".
Please can someone help me with this as I truly am in a quandry and would be most appreciative to find an answer.
Tony Summerfield

Sunny Stories

Post by Tony Summerfield »

You just need to look at the date Lee. Sunny Stories ran for two series - Sunny Stories for Little Folks from 1926 -1936, a total of 250 issues. Don't worry about these, they are almost impossible to find on the secondhand market. The new series started in 1937 and continued onwards into the 1950s, but the last one to have any Blyton content was No 553 on Feb 19th 1953 - after this they appeared to be the same for quite a while, but had nothing to do with Blyton.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Tony
oldbookfan

Post by oldbookfan »

Thanks Tony for the prompt, informative, if not a little disheartening, advice. Anyone got a match??

Cheers!