Hand written poem by EB in an AA Milne Book

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
cazzie133

Hand written poem by EB in an AA Milne Book

Post by cazzie133 »

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have just found one of my mother's books (1932) of an AA Milne book of verse for children. The book itself is in pretty poor condition and not a first edition. However, inside the back cover there is a hand written and signed poem by Enid Blyton called 'Do you Know'. Can anyone tell me if this is a published piece and if there is any value?

Secretly, I'm sort of hoping that it isn't worth too much as I'd quite like to hang on to it!

Many thanks for your help.

Cazzie
Tony Summerfield

EB Poem

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hi Cazzie,
Are you sure that the poem was written by Enid Blyton and not just copied by a previous owner - I have seen this done on a number of occasions. If you can send me a scan I can let you know for sure and also whether or not it is a published poem.

I'm afraid you can't send me a scan on this Forum, you will need to send it to my usual email address - tony@blysoc.fsnet.co.uk

Best wishes
Tony
cazzie133

Post by cazzie133 »

Thank you Tony I'll get it scanned and mail it to you.
Tony Summerfield

EB Poem

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Hi Cazzie,
Thanks for the scan. As I suspected the poem has been copies into the book by a previous owner - it is an Enid Blyton poem and was copied out of Silver andGold, which is a book of poems published by Thomas Nelson in the 1920s.

So the good news is that the book has no special value and you will be able to keep it - I would have kept it anyway!!

Best wishes
Tony