RIP Jerry Lewis (1926-2017)

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

RIP Jerry Lewis (1926-2017)

Post by Eddie Muir »

I've just heard the sad news that Jerry Lewis died today at the age if 91. He was one of my childhood heroes and I loved the films he made with Dean Martin and his later solo films. RIP Jerry Lewis.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: RIP Jerry Lewis (1926-2017)

Post by number 6 »

Such sad news! I grew up watching the repeats of JL's films. I especially loved the Nutty Professor & the Family Jewels. He played the parts of all six Uncles to an heiress in the latter! Great fun... R.I.P. Jerry Lewis. :cry:
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Here's Jerry's famous typewriter sketch from the 1963 film, Who's Minding the Store?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uaPKEbVypRQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Such a great visual comedian in the 1950's and early 1960's. Had a great rapport with Dean Martin.
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Dean and Jerry were massive stars during my childhood and teenage years, Francis. Like most of my friends at the time, I absolutely loved their films and eagerly awaited all their new releases. When they decided to end their partnership, some people thought they might struggle on their own, but how wrong they were. Both Dean and Jerry continued to be enormously popular and extremely talented as solo artists.

Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Yes they were great as solo artists, Eddie, but I did love their films together. They were like chalk and cheese.
Society Member