RIP Michael Bond

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: RIP Michael Bond

Post by Courtenay »

RDMorrell wrote:One of my most treasured Paddington books is my copy of the first one, A Bear Called Paddington. It's a slightly tatty second-hand paperback edition, but what makes this book special to me is the inscription: it's made out to the original owner (evidently a young girl), and I think her dad might have given it to her. At any rate, it says the book was bought at Paddington Station!
There's a whole shop devoted to Paddington Bear at Paddington Station, so that would be where they bought it! :wink: I wanted to have a browse there last time I was at the station, but I had a train to catch...
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Post by RDMorrell »

Yes, it must have been - hardly surprising that Paddington Station would capitalise on its association with its ursine namesake!

Congratulations on reaching 10,000 posts, by the way! :D
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Ooh, I didn't even notice! :D Not that there's a prize for it, as far as I know... Thanks, Rowan. :wink:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)