Peppa Pig - not for kids

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Moonraker

Peppa Pig - not for kids

Post by Moonraker »

We've had Enid Blyton for grown-ups and adult Ladybird Books - now we have Peppa Pig having her teeth pulled out and cartoon characters cutting off bikini-tops on beaches. What appears to be harmless infant-cartoons on YouTube are in fact violent and totally unsuitable for young children to watch - with no warnings off content. They start of like any 'proper' cartoon, but soon turn ugly. What a sick world we live in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 ... -tricking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Re: Peppa Pig - not for kids

Post by Daisy »

That is disgusting. Thanks for the link Nigel... I shall alert my daughter who is bringing up her granddaughter and I know she loves Peppa Pig.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

We do seem to be living in a sick, cruel world these days!!!!

Nothing is sacred anymore it seems when they can take a well loved children's programme and turn it into something else!!!!!

Where are all these people who are suppose to be protecting everyone from the likes of all this!!! Where's the PC - gone mad - brigade suddenly gone too!! :roll:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

It makes you wonder, doesn't it Julie. I've just passed the link on to my daughter who is grateful - her 3 year old grandson is also a fan, so she will take care.

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Disgusting stuff. I just shared the link on Face Book, as I have a few friends and relatives with young Peppa Pig fans.
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Yes, I saw this on the BBC's website this morning. At least as far as these fake cartoons go, they're unauthorised rip-offs and the company that owns Peppa Pig could potentially sue and have these videos taken down — unlike the "Famous Five for adults" with Enid Blyton's name on them, which are authorised by the copyright holder. :roll:

Unfortunately it's the nature of the internet — basically, anyone can publish whatever sick stuff they like and it can be very, very difficult to keep children from stumbling across content that is completely unsuitable, especially when it's dressed up to look like it's for kids. I don't know what protection YouTube is supposed to offer for younger users, but it obviously isn't very adequate. :evil: Hopefully they'll be pushed to clean up their act now that this has come to the public's attention (although I'm sure it must have been going on for some time).
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
joanne_chan
Favourite book/series: The Naughtiest Girl, Malory Towers, Famous Five
Favourite character: Elizabeth Allen

Post by joanne_chan »

The only sensible way to protect with how things are on there is to bookmark the official 'channels' used for Peppa Pig and other children's cartoons but it really annoys me that those who do upload this material don't at least flag it up as Not Safe For Work or similar in the way on art sites people have to so anyone who doesn't wish to see such content or needs to such as children can use safe search options set to ignore anything that isn't okay for anyone 13 or under.
Last edited by joanne_chan on 28 Mar 2017, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Horrible stuff - and not to be all on my high horse as I have yet to start the real parenting malarkey - but I don't think any 3 year old (or any young child really) should have unsupervised access to You Tube. It's far too easy for them to stray from something wholesome to something entirely not.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yes, our grandchildren don't have access to YT - although there is a YT Kids app which isn't always that safe for them to watch. Much better to have a Blyton in their little hands.
Society Member
zaidi
Favourite book/series: FamousFive
Favourite character: Nick and Julian

Post by zaidi »

Thanksgod someone brought this topic on the internet.
I have a little sister whose around 3 yrs and a half ,and she being born around 11 years later after my younger brother,is very much loved and given extraa attention by all of us. We are very sensitive to her needs, and sometimes this extra care leads her into this cry baby who wouldnot stop crying until she gets done what she wants, and my parents being both working find it hard at nights when they want to sleep or make her eat, thats when she knows she can get what she wants as sometimes we give her the android phone for videos, she scrolls to put the inappropriate ones like this that show their for children but are absolute nonsense and destruction.
We usually put her show times and videos ( like sesame street) on the computer thats the best much better than other devices which give free access to children.
But sometimes the mobile is used. And she watches videos that are pure nonsense, like thishttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9fUm_ ... IMlml6bw5w Baby Victoriaa.
And this,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiji_1iosv4 where there is depiction of frozen elsa and spiderman, and sometimes shows Elsa getting pregnant( and all that rubbish)
or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okDuOcW00LU
which shows hulk made of play dough , who takes out his nose bugs or does all of that unhygienic stuff.

Ive added channel blocker to the computer, but i wonder how to block those videos so they dont show up with suggestions on the phone.
If these channels are blocked and donot showup on suggestions i think the internet experience for children will be much better.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

It is difficult if your sister has become used to watching things on the Android phone. Maybe you could all take it in turns to supervise her while she's using it, or take it in turns to keep her entertained with a book or board game instead? Does she like colouring in, or cutting and pasting, or playing with Play-Doh or Lego? I used to keep things like old greetings cards, used wrapping paper, toilet roll tubes, egg boxes, cereal boxes, bits of fabric and coloured foil/cellophane wrappers off chocolates. My children would use them to make models, collages and birthday cards. They needed supervision when they were little but after a while they were able to get on with things by themselves. My son also used to spend ages by himself setting up a farm or zoo set.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I would suggest that three years old is too young to be in control of a phone. At that age, I could barely hold a book!
Society Member
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Looking at those links to YouTube I think it is little wonder that so many children these days suffer nightmares and grow up with a distorted view of real life... how can they differentiate at such young ages? Three year olds are not naturally sedendentary creatures... they are full of energy and sitting them down to watch this rubbish is doing them no favours at all. Far better give them materials to be creative with. I am thankful my children were born before such graphic nasties were so readily accessible.

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

My niece (3 next month) is allowed to watch some You Tube on a phone but only with an adult supervising. She loves to watch 'Let it Go' from Frozen repeatedly and dance to it :lol:. I wouldn't be handing my phone over to any small child, never mind protecting them, I won't fancy a smashed phone when it's dropped by clumsy fingers...
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Good point Fiona... could be an expensive way of keeping a child amused!

Society Member