Peppa Pig - not for kids

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Moonraker

Re: Peppa Pig - not for kids

Post by Moonraker »

ITV's Loose Women contained material the other day that I would have said should have been post-watershed. I couldn't believe what I was hearing in the middle of the day. Maybe it isn't only kids who need protecting... :shock:
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I don't watch Loose Women any more. I'm usually pretty easy going with stuff like that but they gave nurses such a hard time at least once and I thought their attitudes were so awful I've actually made a point to avoid them since.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
zaidi
Favourite book/series: FamousFive
Favourite character: Nick and Julian

Post by zaidi »

I think children these days arent that clumsy, they have got good grip of phones. My sisters just handles the phone pretty fine if she gets a hold of it :wink:
Anita, the problem isnt mostly about monitoring, but her demanding behaviour. At times, she has a very demanding behaviour, when she wants something there is no way she will stop crying and wailing until she gets what she wants to see or have. But ive tried alot, and now she mostly watches Cbeebies and Sesame street.But often she still watches the destructive shows :evil:
One of my coordinator that day at school said that if I had an elder sister like you, I would have so much fun( pleasure) you take so much of care and you are you so loving to her. :D 8) That made me feel happy, that someone saw my efforts.
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

This is really sad, and I know from personal experience that accidentally watching something like this can be kinda traumatic as a child. I used to love Dragon Tales as a child, around 8-9 years ago. YouTube was not very widely used at that time, but I was playing around with it one day and a clip of Dragon Tales came up. In the real show, one of the dragons gets a thorn in his foot, then they go to a doctor and get it removed, it's all nice and fluffy and cute. But this particular clip was edited, so that the doctor, under the pretext of getting out the thorn, clean cuts off the dragon's leg, and there's blood everywhere. Then they show a shot of a dead girl, (don't remember why) and all the dragons are extremely scared, the one whose leg is cut is howling in pain while the doctor laughs cruelly in the background. I remember being dead scared and calling my dad, and showing it to him. He told me to not watch such things on Youtube, and to stick to official videos until I was older, as people are jerks and what is a harmless prank to them is a really scary experience for a little kid. Couldn't stop thinking about that for days, and I still remember it very well. The world we live in. :( :(
You can call me Sunskriti!