Christmas Reading

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Pauline

Christmas Reading

Post by Pauline »

I don't know about you, but while I'm off work for a couple of weeks I'm really going to enjoy catching up on some light reading and I will almost certainly reread some Enid Blytons. (How I do WISH that somebody could somehow present to me a great, fat genuine EB Malory Towers and/or St Clare's book, but, alas, that's not going to happen). However, I have ordered a couple of previously unread Jennings books and also couple of unread Ruby Ferguson Jill books from Amazon. That's something to look forward to.

Is anybody else planning some Christmas reading?
Society Member
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Re: Christmas Reading

Post by Dick Kirrin »

Not exactly Christmas reading, but I am off on the sick with a cold at the moment and there is a tradition of reading Rat-A-Tat Mystery whenever I'm down with a flu or a cold and have to stay at home.
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I'm thinking of re-reading Enid's The Christmas Book in the lead-up to Christmas. :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

I believe I will just have to continue what I am reading at the moment until I start a new book. But some Blyton re-reading is something I am certainly going to do during the holidays. And I have asked for two special books for Christmas so I am very excited! :D
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

I'm currently reading one story from 'Christmas Tales' every night, and thoroughly enjoying them. :-D There are 25 stories, so I started reading the first one on 30th November, so I can read the last one on Christmas Eve. :-D

Normally I avoid newly produced Blyton books like the plague, but its great to have so many of her Christmas stories gathered together in one volume.

I'm also reading 'Secret of Spiggy Holes. It used to be my favourite EB book as a child, but although I still like it, it's slipped a good way down the list these days! :wink:
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member