Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: Football

Post by number 6 »

Not just a valuable experience for the Lincoln players, Lenoir, but also a major cash boost for the club! It was a brilliant effort from the Imps & they should rightly feel proud of themselves. :D
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Now Lincoln can concentrate on promotion to Division 2. Good luck to them. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

My prediction that Brighton would win the Championship is looking good. The Owls back in the play off places but Forest still hovering dangerously above the trapdoor. Only six matches left.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Good to see the Owls back on course to cement a play-off place, after a brief wobble last month. They need to hold their nerve & push on for the last six games. I think they'll do it comfortably. :D

Brighton have had a few tight results recently, but have managed to steady the ship & look certain to gain promotion. I think they've been hard working, very consistent & thoroughly deserve to go up. :D

My relegation prediction seems to be coming true. Forest look the least likely of the bottom six to have the mental or physical strength to win the fight against relegation. They're a bit powder-puff & do allow themselves to be bullied during games. It's a case of fingers crossed & hope the other bottom teams do us a favour by losing! Squeaky bum time, for sure! :shock:
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

The Owls have done you a favour, Eddie. Thoroughly deserved victory as well. :D
Great win for Forest, a bit closer to safety, Number 6. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Great win for the Owls, John. They certainly did the Seagulls a favour, as you say. :D

Great win for Forest too, Number 6. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Fabulous results all round, John & Eddie! Great to see the Owls boost their play-off hopes by turning Newcastle over & doing the Seagulls a favour in the process! Both teams deserved their respective wins. Forest also deserved the win today, which I haven't been able to say many times this season. Just hope they keep it up! :D
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Not a huge football fan but I am pleased to see that Brighton & Hove Albion have now been definitely confirmed as going up to the Premier League next season. Well done to the Seagulls. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Yes, it's a super result for the Seagulls, John. There will be much celebrating in Brighton tonight and probably for the next few weeks. After narrowly missing out last year, it's great that they have gained promotion this season. :D

Let's hope that the Owls manage to get into the Premiership via the play offs, John P and that Forest avoid relegation, Number 6.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I haven't posted here before, but I have been nervously watching Brighton's progress for several months as I was disappointed that they lost out on goal difference last year. I don't really go to football matches now as I don't like crowds, but when I lived in Sussex I did go to the Goldstone Ground to watch them on a few occasions. With Newcastle losing a bit recently they might even win the division now. I have also been to Fratton Park so it is good to see that Pompey have also been promoted.
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Good to see you posting on this thread, Tony. I also used to go to the Goldstone Ground to watch Brighton play. Perhaps we were there at the same time. Wo knows? I'm also pleased that Pompey have been promoted from Division 2. It would be nice if Accrington Stanley could join them via the play offs. Like Brighton, they missed out on promotion on goal difference last season. :D

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Good to see The Seagulls promoted, Eddie! They've thoroughly deserved it. It would be nice to see them clinch the title as well. That'll be the icing on the cake. :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Thank you, Number 6. Clinching the title would certainly be the icing on the cake. :D

Society Member
John Pickup

Post by John Pickup »

I predicted that Brighton would win the title and they're nearly there. I also predict that if Sheffield Wednesday reach the play-off final they will win it this year. And I also predict that Forest won't get relegated.
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

John Pickup wrote:And I also predict that Forest won't get relegated.
Well, you were almost right! Two out of three ain't bad, John!!
I predicted Brighton would get promoted, the Owls would make the play-off's, & Forest would be relegated! Mystic Meg, or what?!!!!!!! :D :lol: 8)